16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Agree with all but if the Crown brand will go international, so what this will mean to Lexus, Lexus supposed to be the upscale Toyota that's why they killed the Cressida

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Agree with all but if the Crown brand will go international, so what this will mean to Lexus, Lexus supposed to be the upscale Toyota that's why they killed the Cressida
And cressida was the middle ground between the mark ii and crown

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
If they made an rwd midsized vehicle it would indirectly compete with es but since there is no more gs it would not be competing with lexus but with the current direction they are heading for it is pretty stupid

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Crown brand now has SUV and Minivan
I know it's just Highlander and Voxy or Alphard or LM

But I think they will be different from the next iteration

Attachments

• 2021-toyota-crown-kluger.jpg
    2021-toyota-crown-kluger.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 6
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Despite everyone talking about not liking the crown design I have a feeling it will be better looking than the RAV4 and the Venza. Especially if the wheel gap is not ridiculous

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
As per many toyota japan dealers are saying that the feedback for the upcoming crown is pretty negative from the public (in japan you can basically view a digital catalogue at the dealer if you plan to buy it) many people who came to register just saw it and flat out refused which makes me feel it may be a success only in the us

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
As per many toyota japan dealers are saying that the feedback for the upcoming crown is pretty negative from the public (in japan you can basically view a digital catalogue at the dealer if you plan to buy it) many people who came to register just saw it and flat out refused which makes me feel it may be a success only in the us
And maybe we can have another gen FR 230

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I would not base predictions on the opinion of a few. It happens that what is predicted as success flops and vice versa, what is predicted as flops finally succeeds. See Lexus LC for first example, despite so much positive about the car, from concept to production, it still is not a big seller, not even for the given category. This Crown that apparently no one like and wants, might turn out as quite successful, for it given role.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
I would not base predictions on the opinion of a few. It happens that what is predicted as success flops and vice versa, what is predicted as flops finally succeeds. See Lexus LC for first example, despite so much positive about the car, from concept to production, it still is not a big seller, not even for the given category. This Crown that apparently no one like and wants, might turn out as quite successful, for it given role.
This isn't about opinion, this is the response dealers have got and the dealers have said when 15th gen came initial response was good but then it stagnated due to customers feeling it to be too European, whereas 14th gen was a success

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

volumes for a lot of models are supply constrained, not the best indicator these days.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
This isn't about opinion, this is the response dealers have got and the dealers have said when 15th gen came initial response was good but then it stagnated due to customers feeling it to be too European, whereas 14th gen was a success
This info discredits even more the response given by Japanese customers. Asian/European/North American customers are unable to objectively asses what/why one product appeals and another does not.

How could the initial response for 15th gen be good and then stagnate? What was the basis for their change of mind what what specifically qualifies 15th gen Crown as "European"? Ask European market about 15th gen and for them it will be too Japanese. The GS, that is American market focus, but as a copy of European (BAM) -- so actually more European than American (Lincoln, Cadillac) -- had to be pulled out because of nonexistent sales. Even the IS which is primarily European, Europeans don't really want it.

So no, 15th gen has nothing to do with Japanese/Chinese/North American/European. It has to do with the fact it is an imperfect product, in the same way the 5th gen LS is.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
volumes for a lot of models are supply constrained, not the best indicator these days.
Not for LC. LC sold more in 2021 than in 2017 when it debuted. I admit 2017 was coupe only, 2021 was coupe and convertible combined. I did not look up how it compares to other coupes/convertibles, but I doubt it is top seller, despite how good and liked it is.

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Not for LC. LC sold more in 2021 than in 2017 when it debuted. I admit 2017 was coupe only, 2021 was coupe and convertible combined. I did not look up how it compares to other coupes/convertibles, but I doubt it is top seller, despite how good and liked it is.
Lc unlike the crown isn't a car made for volume sales
-LC is targeted at rich people who like to be seen in cool cars
-Crown is targeted at a market but not limited to executives, family man, corporates, now the youth(since the demise of mark x) so it's not an apples to apples comparison
Heck the 15th gen crown outsold the corolla lineup in 2021 in japan

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
Also in japan average parking is based around cars with 1800mm width and since the crown is now wider there has also been concern among customers due to this reason