10th Generation Honda Accord Thread (Officially Revealed)

mikeavelli

Reactions
Looks like a Genesis and an Impala had a baby. The front end is just really weird to me. I find the current Accord one of the best designs in their history. That is one handsome car.

Seems they dropped the coupe. So the top engine is a 252hp I-4? It's crazy that the Camry will have over 300hp to this.

Interior is well done. First the Pilot now the Accord took the Acura TL interior transmission buttons.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Damn Honda what happened???...To be honest am not too surprised because, every time Toyota make their car ugly Honda designs are always good looking and vice versa. Honestly, the Civic looks way better IMO.
Given how fugly most Hondas are lately and the teaser with the Clarity-esque nose, I wasn't expecting the new Accord to be a great beauty. What did surprise me, though, was Honda adopting the Germanic Audi/BMW (and, lately, Mercedes) one sausage-different lengths similarity between the Civic and Accord sedans. In profile, they're kinda hard to tell apart.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Why, Honda, why? The interior's going OK until you see the center stack. It looks someone stuck a Galaxy Note to the dashboard with two comically oversized thumb tacks. And there's a huge amount of wasted space below the HVAC controls - if you're gonna do that, at least put a little compartment to hide stuff in or something.

The exterior? The front end looks like someone stole most of the grille and you're just seeing the radiators and stuff. The rest of it I defer to Gecko's description with the pug.

I'm kind of terrified of what the Acura version is going to look like now.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
And there's a huge amount of wasted space below the HVAC controls - if you're gonna do that, at least put a little compartment to hide stuff in or something.

I won't know for sure until I actually see the interior myself, but, actually, that does look like a little flip-up lid/compartment...the type you push in with your finger, and it snap-releases and pops back out.

Last edited:

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I'm still shocked the V-6 is gone.

That's one reason why I'm grabbing up a nice smooth quiet V6 in my new car, while it is still available. Already, for 2018, they have made it an option, where it was standard last year. A four-banger mild hybrid is the new base power plant, wth the old 6-speed auto. The V6 option gets the new GM/Ford jointly-co-developed 9-speed.

And....on a different note, why be shocked? Even the new Cadillac CT6 flagship and Lincoln MKZ come with base 2.0L Turbo fours. We all know that displacement-taxes in other countries, and CAFE rules in the U.S., are doing a number on larger powerplants. That handwriting has been on the wall for years...though the present Administration is not happy with it, and we may (?) see somewhat of a CAFE-rollback, at least in the U.S.

Last edited:
Reactions
The Sport 6 speed is intriguing:

2018-Honda-Accord-Sport-Front-01.jpg

2018-Honda-Accord-Sport-front-wheels.jpg

2018-Honda-Accord-Sport-front-end.jpg

2018-Honda-Accord-Sport-taillight.jpg

2018-Honda-Accord-Sport-interior-view.jpg

2018-Honda-Accord-Sport-interior.jpg

2018-Honda-Accord-Sport-steering-wheel.jpg

2018-Honda-Accord-Sport-center-stack-screen.jpg

2018-Honda-Accord-Sport-center-console.jpg

2018-Honda-Accord-Sport-gear-knob.jpg

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
How many people do you think are really looking for a manual in their midsize econo sedan?

I know we're all enthusiasts and talk it up like the manual is a big deal, but really... would any of you buy it with your own money? I wouldn't.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
:laughing:

That is all. Most of my thoughts on this thing have been mentioned by others in the thread already. So many vehicle features that I don't like Honda managed to include in one package.

This just reinforces my personal preference to stay as far away from Hondas as possible.

Also another general rant on the media, journalists, and "enthusiasts". Seems like there is a lot of internet praise occurring for this generally speaking. The new Civic similarly is getting lots of praise. However I personally find the new Civic uglier in the real world than the new Prius. The new Civic is one of the ugliest vehicles on the road right now period (IMHO). Yet the new Prius has been treated so harshly. Double standards at play again.

Last edited:

GoHuskers

Fan
Reactions
How many people do you think are really looking for a manual in their midsize econo sedan?

I know we're all enthusiasts and talk it up like the manual is a big deal, but really... would any of you buy it with your own money? I wouldn't.

I wouldn't ever buy a family sedan with manual. I will buy a motorcycle first.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
I still wouldn't buy one, but I think it looks a little better in the live photos.

Reactions
It's got Apple Carplay/Android Auto, that's one big plus over the Camry, but otherwise, besides the Sport, its plastichrome grill is making the Acura beak look good (Sport gets a rightfully blacked out one). You do get a volume knob but the auto transmission lever becomes a button.

I do admit, the Sport 6 speed is something I wouldn't mind trying as its paired to the Type R derived motor. But it might to a unicorn on a dealer's lot, and I would expect Honda dealers to gouge like they're doing for both Civic Type Rs and Sis.

mikeavelli

Reactions

There is a solid niche of people that want an affordable family car with a manual. Dying breed but its there. The Accord Sport had a lot of buyers and their feedback was offering more of the luxury options and colors the other models had.

What is ironic is the Accord loses its Double Wishbone suspension for Struts but then gains a sport model lol.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
What is ironic is the Accord loses its Double Wishbone suspension for Struts but then gains a sport model lol.

Mac struts, though not mandatory by any means, seem to be a natural with FWD and transverse-engine mounting. They help save cost, space, and bulk......that's why they have become so popular with automakers.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Mac struts, though not mandatory by any means, seem to be a natural with FWD and transverse-engine mounting. They help save cost, space, and bulk......that's why they have become so popular with automakers.

Yes but in the past Honda fanboys loved bragging about it having double wishbones compared to the competition. That advantage is now lost.

Reactions: CIF