Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Excited to see it be the 2nd Lexus to get the "next-gen" design language brought to production by the LM. Wonder if the NX/RX facelifts will adopt this as well, or if they'll be mild changes, as the old spindle is going to get very dated very fast once the new face rolls out.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
What is the most likely engine lineup?
can't imagine it being any different than the Grand Highlander for the regular models...

TX350 - 2.4T shared with GH/RX350
TX500h - 2.4T Hybrid shared with GH Hybrid Max
TX550h+ - 2.4T + PHEV making around 400hp? This one is still yet to be determined.

I'm still upset a 500 designated model is using a 4-cyl though haha.

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
Finally some info on the TX. It reminds me a bit of a Mercedes, but this a good thing.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Lexus-v-Toyota-22-scaled.webp

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
the clever body line to share doors but integrate into a different design for the rear fenders is quite interesting, cost-cutting done creatively lmao
I don't think that the rear doors are shared between the Grand Highlander and the TX. Just look at the 2 creases that converge forward of the door handle: they do not meet in the TX but they do meet in the Grand Highlander.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I don't think that the rear doors are shared between the Grand Highlander and the TX. Just look at the 2 creases that converge forward of the door handle: they do not meet in the TX but they do meet in the Grand Highlander.
i dont think the lower line is a body line, rather than just different lighting reflecting on the surfacing

Reactions
While the floating roof line is a nice design aesthetic, the make or break will be the look of the front end. I'm hoping Lexus won't borrow design inspiration from the latest RX and given the front end a bad nose job or fugly grille. If they steer clear of a polarizing design on the front end, this should be a nice looking SUV. The rendered "GX" appears not to have the rounded "nose" of the RX, but very curious how the grille will look.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I am interested to see if this is more MDX/QX60 or more X7/GLS, though I am assuming Lexus might say it's a competitor to all.

Lexus can do luxury of course, but there is a lot more to the GLS and X7 than just similar cabin space.

Reactions
I am interested to see if this is more MDX/QX60 or more X7/GLS, though I am assuming Lexus might say it's a competitor to all.

Lexus can do luxury of course, but there is a lot more to the GLS and X7 than just similar cabin space.

Going by grand highlander dimensions, which is likely a very safe assumption. The wheelbase at 116, is longer than QX60 but shorter than X7/GLS. The overall length straddles both as well.