Rydo

Follower
Reactions
the lexus logo on the top
I have just noticed that - never realised the badge move to the bonnet would make it look so different from the LC/UX front for instance with the old style badge among grill design.
I think a pure EV application would fit the character of this car a lot better.
From a sound standpoint yes - from a ferrying someone 500miles with no interruptions or trying to find somewhere to charge before picking up the VIP in question - no.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
This aged so well! What else do you have for us @SecretWhisper?

That Buick concept looks good but not massively better than 2LM. It has a hint of my beloved LF-FC concept about it with that paint and shape leading to the rear wheels. I don't think I'll ever get over how much of a let down 5LS was after seeing LF-FC :cry:.

Lexus-LF-FC-Concept-front-three-quarter-03.jpg

The supposely true LS😭. But I can't imagine the already compromised occupant space to beome even tighter. If that's the case they shoulda just made it a Panamera competitor instead.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

LM 350h

The LM will be available with two powertrain options - a 2.5-litre intelligent hybrid arrangement for three-row versions, while the flagship four-seat grade will be offered with a powerful and efficient 2.4-litre turbocharged hybrid powertrain similar to the newly launched RX 500h F Sport Performance flagship SUV.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions

LM 350h

The naming convention is getting embarrassing - where do you draw a line. It's on par with Audi's bizarre 30, 40 etc numbers slapped on the rear that don't mean anything.

One thing I have to say about the LM is it really shows just how incompetent Lexus are as a brand to promote themselves.

Where are all the YouTubers? Where is the SuperCar Blondie video (although I despise her content she serves purpose in promotional terms)? YouTube coverage of the LM right now is a couple of Lexus channel videos and then Japanese people looking around it.

What other car brand would have a completely new model launch in a completely new territory and not bother to try and drum up any kind of hype for it at all?

Any other car brand I see, especially zee Germans, seem to have all the YouTubers videos come online almost simultaneously to the press release and the YouTuber will be shooting in the photography studio with the new vehicle. I get that it's a product that won't appeal to many but Autogefuhl shot a video on the Maybach EQS SUV the other day - how many of them do they realistically plan to sell per calendar year?

It's a shame because I think people would genuinely be wow'd by the interior of the car and its features if pointed out by someone like SuperCar Blondie.

Ironically, the YouTube Ad that ran on the LM video I watched was for the Maxus Mifa- an EV minivan that's just launched in the UK by Chinese brand. Is that another sign the Chinese are set to dominate in the long run?

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
The naming convention is getting embarrassing - where do you draw a line. It's on par with Audi's bizarre 30, 40 etc numbers slapped on the rear that don't mean anything.

One thing I have to say about the LM is it really shows just how incompetent Lexus are as a brand to promote themselves.

Where are all the YouTubers? Where is the SuperCar Blondie video (although I despise her content she serves purpose in promotional terms)? YouTube coverage of the LM right now is a couple of Lexus channel videos and then Japanese people looking around it.

What other car brand would have a completely new model launch in a completely new territory and not bother to try and drum up any kind of hype for it at all?

Any other car brand I see, especially zee Germans, seem to have all the YouTubers videos come online almost simultaneously to the press release and the YouTuber will be shooting in the photography studio with the new vehicle. I get that it's a product that won't appeal to many but Autogefuhl shot a video on the Maybach EQS SUV the other day - how many of them do they realistically plan to sell per calendar year?

It's a shame because I think people would genuinely be wow'd by the interior of the car and its features if pointed out by someone like SuperCar Blondie.

Ironically, the YouTube Ad that ran on the LM video I watched was for the Maxus Mifa- an EV minivan that's just launched in the UK by Chinese brand. Is that another sign the Chinese are set to dominate in the long run?

Europeans show no interest in Japanese brands coz they think their cars are superior.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I know this is a concept, but I think the interior lighting / ornaments can add a bit more flare /flair? Perhaps the next LS can take notice XD.
The Alphard/LM VIP interior is actually designed to be intentionally "neutral" because owners tend to customize interior decor afterwards. Things like lighting, carpet and door trims. One of the more popular mods in China is the 65-inch TV conversion, yacht-style wooden floors and entry steps with a shoe box.

From a sound standpoint yes - from a ferrying someone 500miles with no interruptions or trying to find somewhere to charge before picking up the VIP in question - no.
Yeah, imagine being a chauffeur and telling your boss you need to plan their business trip with a distinguished guest around charger availability and wasting 30 minutes of their valuable time sitting at a mall parking lot. The boss will show you the door.

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The moment we all knew was coming is now here: Lexus' most luxurious and advanced flagship car is built on GA-K -- not GA-L or GA-F.

I hope the LX VIP/UL package gets some of these options because the lack of available (expected) luxury touches is well documented and the LM now has all of them. Same for the LS but it's not clear what Lexus' plans are for that car, or when it might be overhauled.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The moment we all knew was coming is now here: Lexus' most luxurious and advanced flagship car is built on GA-K -- not GA-L or GA-F.

I hope the LX VIP/UL package gets some of these options because the lack of available (expected) luxury touches is well documented and the LM now has all of them. Same for the LS but it's not clear what Lexus' plans are for that car, or when it might be overhauled.
You can't just put LM features in the LS/LX because they fundamentally lack the space for them. The LM's 4 seat's second row is at similar position of the 3rd row in the 6 seat version. Pictures don't do the LM justice. But imagine sitting in the second row of LS but there's no driver seat in front of you. That's how spacious the LM is. The LS would need at least 600mm(24 in) of wheelbase stretch to match it. The LX could get similar space if it was based on the Sequoia and replace solid rear axle with IRS.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
View attachment 6967
Full instrument cluster

Graphics still look very basic in typical Toyota / Lexus fashion.
What's up with those huge glossy black border? Are they going to do the same thing with other flagship vehicles?
I just can't understand the reason why they love to cheap out these parts so we enthusiasts and the journalists can constantly ding on them all the time.
Like cmon, how much more expensive can this be?

titel_Intb.jpg

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
The interior is almost what the LX should have looked like. Im just hoping the TX will look as the LM or even better.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
That looks super nice! Aside from the massive black bezel around the gauge cluster, the interior is fantastic. I really like the mix of materials, and the overhead console is a nice touch. I really hope the LX gains similar design language at some point. It could be a game changer for the LX interior.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Lol that's why the LM is not coming to America. We nitpick a lot. Cars have been driving around for years with gauge cluster with no issues, just because a bunch of car manufacturers decided that oh lets replace gauge cluster with tablet does not mean everyone as to follow.
of all the gauge cluster that have seen so far in newer cars lately, the Lincoln Nautilus idea is still the best IMO. And its only because because its tucked into the dash and not just slapped on the dash under the pretense of floating screen.