2023 Honda Impala with 204hp tops

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Honda and Driver said it’s ten best already don’t forget 🤣🤣
And now they're talking about a "new" (a.k.a. not truly new at all) engine from Honda that doesn't really have anything that's worth talking about:

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Subaru never made the cars they were asked to do, XV with FA20 turbo and BRZ STI, and they let the WRX sail into oblivion.
Remember Subaru used to make high performance versions of the Forester well before hot crossovers/SUVs became a popular thing, but now when this category has become pretty well established Subaru instead killed off any hot versions of the Forester and with no intention of bringing them back. The WRX is like a retired athlete that has gone out of shape.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I highly doubt I watch Honda fanboys who won’t admit they are fanboys talk about the accord.
C&D and Honda trend threw absolute fluff pieces at it.

By far the best article and the most fair and the only one written that an enthusiast can agree with is this gem below

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The savage geese review was interesting... I did not know the head engineer actively wanted to make the car less sporty and less fast, although that should have been clear in the product Honda delivered. The focus for this model was improving NVH and giving the car a more luxurious feeling.

I guess time will tell, but is that what Accord buyers were looking for? Most of the people I know who bought them did so because it was a shade sportier than the Camry...

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
The savage geese review was interesting... I did not know the head engineer actively wanted to make the car less sporty and less fast, although that should have been clear in the product Honda delivered. The focus for this model was improving NVH and giving the car a more luxurious feeling.

I guess time will tell, but is that what Accord buyers were looking for? Most of the people I know who bought them did so because it was a shade sportier than the Camry...
I seem to remember a reviewer of the Gen6 1998 Accord when it was first introduced saying that it was becoming less sporty and more Camry-like. I remember the Gen6 Accord as the first of the large, bulky Accords, and they have continued to be large -- as opposed to spry and lively -- ever since. (My wife has a Gen9 Accord, which I find large and bulky.)

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
It's kinda ironic that they wanted to go for the softer and more luxe image, when the Sport 1.5T is the most common 10th gen trim I see followed by the EX. So disappointing, they're going to lose a lot of sales with the newer model, and then blame it on "dYiNg sEgMeNt"

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
It's kinda ironic that they wanted to go for the softer and more luxe image, when the Sport 1.5T is the most common 10th gen trim I see followed by the EX. So disappointing, they're going to lose a lot of sales with the newer model, and then blame it on "dYiNg sEgMeNt"
I don't consider my wife's 2013 Accord to be sporty. I don't consider my 2022 Camry Hybrid SE to be sporty either yet it handles road imperfections better than the Accord.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I’m proud people in comments of all these reviews and article are calling them out for bullshit fluff pieces. I think if these reviewers were honest and said “look the accord we know is dead this is the new way” they would get applause. Instead these Honda fanboys are tying to sell people it is still an enthusiast vehicle which is complete bullshit.

Never thought I would live in a world where a Prius has more power and is faster than an Accord and Integra but here we are lol.