Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The old one has a muscular stance, the new one looks like a raised van. Absolutely awful.

POcohBu.jpg

J7pljgM.jpg

I don’t know what that bottom vehicle is - a chop of a Land Cruiser? - but it’s not the LX 600.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
New LX looks way better than LC. LC and old LX always had weird kink at the back that looked like something not luxurious at all.

To me this looks really good:

Attachments

• img-1653-jpg-1655825739.jpg
    img-1653-jpg-1655825739.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 20
  • img-1671-jpg-1655825447.jpg
    img-1671-jpg-1655825447.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 19

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
IDGAF I love the looks lol. I get compliments all the time particularly the rear. The black does hide the grill.

Still as rare as a Bugatti lol, you just don’t see any. And in a sea of soap cuvs i like the 3 box look.
Having driven the new RX and being able to share your views, how do you feel hopping back into the LX after being in the RX?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Having driven the new RX and being able to share your views, how do you feel hopping back into the LX after being in the RX?

Some major take aways.
1. The RX 500 and LX 600 run circles over the older models
2. The more truck like interior of the LX now feels more special since the RX follows the NX and RZ theme. It’s totally different which I love.
3. The LX while being BOF is a huge leap in the way it drives and getting back in it the difference is less than before. The 570 there was no mistake it was an old school BOF. You don’t mind it nearly as much when leaving a car based CUV. Mind you i’m talking F Sport LX.

Both are just huge leaps in how they drive over the older models. Quite amazing. I have maybe zero interest in any CUV so LX wins by a landslide for me. Contrarily my wife hearts the RX and LX not so much.

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
I love the exterior look of the LX, especially with the black grill. I do wish a panoramic sunroof were available, but my biggest complaint is the interior. It just doesn’t look like a $100k vehicle. A Jeep Grand Cherokee has a better looking dash, IMO. Still, I’d love an LX.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Tfw you have no idea who the target market is for this

Who is wasting this limited stock if vehicles on reviews

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
As an extension of the LC, some observations on the platform in general

-There seems to be some LC300 related transmission issues cropping up, that mostly relate to shift quality. I assume SW updates.
-Some hotter regions who exercise their LC300 as designed, seem to be complaining about the thermal envelope which is lower then the 200 series. Interesting, considering Toyota did durability studies in probably the hottest regions.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
As an extension of the LC, some observations on the platform in general

-There seems to be some LC300 related transmission issues cropping up, that mostly relate to shift quality. I assume SW updates.
-Some hotter regions who exercise their LC300 as designed, seem to be complaining about the thermal envelope which is lower then the 200 series. Interesting, considering Toyota did durability studies in probably the hottest regions.

I assume Tundra has the same 10AT, and it's also having some transmission problems unfortunately.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I assume Tundra has the same 10AT, and it's also having some transmission problems unfortunately.
I dont know what to make of the 10AT issues LC owners are experiencing vs tundra owners. Granted the documentation of each widely varies, since the majority of LC owners dont really have a such an online presence unlike tundra owners.

That being said the tundra was experiencing more of a rattle noise, and then being granted a replacement transmission. The LC is more so a shudder, bad shift quality similar to the 4th gen owners who complained about the RX's 8AT.

Again who knows what is what, until official communication comes out.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

"It's good when you can drive it"

I feel like their marketing team could have done more than say "if we could attract range rover buyers", before the engineers went online and concluded that the demographic loves to talk about and pay for constant repairs.

"Its all they talk about, they're obsessed. One guy wrote a repair Bible that's thicker than our own documentation."