2024 Mustang

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Not a fan of electronic ebrake lever that looks like mechanical lever.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The timing of Ford has been next level.

-cancel sedans
-Beat Toyota to a hybrid pickup
-Launch Lightening and Mach E
-Launch Mustang when both of its main rivals/segment leader are bowing out.
-Spin off ICE and E as separate companies
-Have the most PR about factory scolding dealerships over dealership model
-Capitalize on the Overland lifestyle crowd with a bronco

I'm excited for whats next

Reactions
The timing of Ford has been next level.

-cancel sedans
-Beat Toyota to a hybrid pickup
-Launch Lightening and Mach E
-Launch Mustang when both of its main rivals/segment leader are bowing out.
-Spin off ICE and E as separate companies
-Have the most PR about factory scolding dealerships over dealership model
-Capitalize on the Overland lifestyle crowd with a bronco

I'm excited for whats next

Is cancelling sedans a good thing?

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Emotionally probably not, but business wise AMAZINGLY GOOD! I bet anyone can launch a new sedan with better paper specs then an accord and camry combined, and literally they wont make a dent in either of those nameplates. Maybe an EV entry might change things, so called paradigm shift in the midsize sedan segment geography.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
The Mustang has been getting a lot of hate for looking like a Camaro, but the only part I see that looks like Camaro to me is that FAT and accentuated rear fender, which I actually like. And the headlight design is similar to the prefacelift S550. All in all, I really like this update, minus the 2D taillights.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
bet anyone can launch a new sedan with better paper specs then an accord and camry combined, and literally they wont make a dent in either of those nameplates
This is so disrespectful and ignorant of what it takes to commercialize a vehicle

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Glad it still exists, but really let down - especially after all the hype.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Probably for Ford, because they haven't had a worthy sedan in years, unless you count the Lincoln.
Emotionally probably not, but business wise AMAZINGLY GOOD! I bet anyone can launch a new sedan with better paper specs then an accord and camry combined, and literally they wont make a dent in either of those nameplates. Maybe an EV entry might change things, so called paradigm shift in the midsize sedan segment geography.
I can't find any sedan that is not German, that is AWD, fuel efficient and fast. So it is not that easy to do. Have just to wait for next gen Camry and ES to get that, pointing out only Toyota/Lexus can do that. Yes I wish they did that earlier.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Glad it still exists, but really let down - especially after all the hype.
Yeah, I mean it's just a rework of the S550 platform basically, similar with the 3IS to 3.5IS facelift/Z34 to RZ34. A brand new CD6-platform development was cancelled for the Mustang early in development, hence the S550 rework.

Unfortunately, I think this is going to become commonplace in the future, as more EVs come, new gen ICEs will be "half-assed" heavy refreshes marketed as brand new gen models.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Probably for Ford, because they haven't had a worthy sedan in years, unless you count the Lincoln.

I can't find any sedan that is not German, that is AWD, fuel efficient and fast. So it is not that easy to do. Have just to wait for next gen Camry and ES to get that, pointing out only Toyota/Lexus can do that. Yes I wish they did that earlier.
Has the success of the Camry/Accord hinged upon it being AWD, fuel efficient, and fast or has a lot of it been simply that generations of family members have become use to owning a camry/accord as the "family car" and thus are going to probably end up with another camry/accord? I dont see many families really owning a Taurus or a Sonata in the same way. I do wish Ford and other players the very best in their EV midsize salon game, but establishing brand recognition and also achieving conquest customers are an uphill battle.

Back on top, sorry for always straying away, The clips of the exhaust are wicked. I do see some social media chatter skewing towards copying the camaro. .

Motor

Expert
Reactions

• Mustang Dark Horse – the most powerful naturally aspirated 5.0-liter V8 Mustang ever – delivers 500 horsepower thanks to a uniquely engineered new fourth-generation Coyote V8
  • Mustang GT offers up to 486 horsepower thanks to a new dual-throttle body design with available active-valve performance exhaust system
  • All-new Ford Mustang EcoBoost features the all-new turbocharged 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine delivering 315 horsepower and 350 ft.-lb. of torque for the most standard horsepower ever