Will1991

Reactions
This next TX should be based on this:

image.png

It's very boxy, made for a proper 3-row SUV just like that render shown in Dec.2021.

This one should be the Grand Highlander due to:
- Previous gen RAV 4 wheel;
- Rear taillights in line with latest Toyota's design.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I don't care much for the Highlander's exterior design, but I really like how upright and boxy that is, if it's the Grand Highlander. Looks fairly tough and truck-ish.

I have said for a while that if Toyota/Lexus give the Grand Highlander and TX the right styling and compelling powertrains, both will be incredibly popular after so many years of pent up demand. TX could pretty much be the death knell for Acura and Infiniti, which is sad to say.

Large, boxy unibody crossover with 367hp and 400+ ft-lbs of torque and mid-to-high 20s for MPG? Yeah...

Not to mention the 550h+ trademark for the TX, which would be even more powerful. 400hp, 450-500lb-ft?

Levi

Expert
Reactions
:ROFLMAO:

I do not know what is worse or better, that the TX looks like a GX, or the GX looks like a TX?

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
What will be the powertrain for the TX550H+? 2.4T/2.0T+THS PHEV?
2.4LT PHEV, but not sure with e-cvt or their new 6 speed. This powertrain is only to be put into this vehicle since there are no other trademarks for 550H+ which is odd you'd think they'd put it into most of their cars. Looking at 400hp 450lbft+ of tq.

Reactions
2.4LT PHEV, but not sure with e-cvt or their new 6 speed. This powertrain is only to be put into this vehicle since there are no other trademarks for 550H+ which is odd you'd think they'd put it into most of their cars. Looking at 400hp 450lbft+ of tq.
Got it, thanks, will the grand highlander have the same powertrain?

Will1991

Reactions
When are we going to see some low slung cars?

NX, RZ, RX, LX, TX, GX... I know it's a sign of the times and it's whats selling nowadays, but sometimes it feels that Lexus is a SUV only brand...

At this moment I don't even care care if the next gen IS is a ICE, PHEV or BEV, I just want to see a low height Lexus prototype roling somewhere...

Brickhead

Fan
Reactions
I’m surprised to see the TX prototype so early. Does this mean we will see the unveiling within 6 months?

mikeavelli

Reactions
When are we going to see some low slung cars?

NX, RZ, RX, LX, TX, GX... I know it's a sign of the times and it's whats selling nowadays, but sometimes it feels that Lexus is a SUV only brand...

At this moment I don't even care care if the next gen IS is a ICE, PHEV or BEV, I just want to see a low height Lexus prototype roling somewhere...

I mean Lexus has two coupes when some brands have zero. Lexus has always been SUV heavy since GX was added to LX and RX. At the time Benz had the ML and was beginning to bring the G wagon. Crazy to think now the Germans dwarf Lexus SUV offerings by making anything for any segment.