16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
What is the possibility of a next-gen GS with that Crown sedan platform? What if the whole reason for the previous gen being cancelled and turned into Mirai was the early platform being too compromised 🤔
Possibility is zero unfortunately
They won't take crown to be international funky to return back the GS

LS needs to stay even if it evolve into EV but GS unfortunately not

Levi

Expert
Reactions
@Gor134 I don’t think so… With a possible ES500h, I don’t see any business case for the GS, or even an LS…
Above the TI4 Hybrid there is a TTV6 Hybrid. But it is true, the ES will be a unique product that no carmaker can compete with, the IS BEV will take care of the EV space.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
What is the possibility of a next-gen GS with that Crown sedan platform? What if the whole reason for the previous gen being cancelled and turned into Mirai was the early platform being too compromised 🤔
It would be nice to see a GS500 with ttv6. Heck GSF with IFORCEMAX powertrain. But I sadly don't see any new ICE rwd cars from Lexus. A new TNGA IS would be cool.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Neither ES or even GS shall be more upscale than the Crown, and I don't think the next ES will be more upscale than the Crown and it maybe retain the low slung sedan

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
It would be nice to see a GS500 with ttv6. Heck GSF with IFORCEMAX powertrain. But I sadly don't see any new ICE rwd cars from Lexus. A new TNGA IS would be cool.
I thought the current LS, LC, and upcoming sport coupe would be the last RWD products from Toyota. But them continuing RWD with the Crown was a huge surprise for me... so I won't complain if there's a few more RWD surprises from Lexus yknow..

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I thought the current LS, LC, and upcoming sport coupe would be the last RWD products from Toyota. But them continuing RWD with the Crown was a huge surprise for me... so I won't complain if there's a few more RWD surprises from Lexus yknow..
Well we've already seen the IS ev concept, GS is dead and likely not coming back, I'm guessing 6LS will be an ev. But I'll leave my last judgment until I see what kinda powertrains are in the rwd Crown sedan.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Crown and Century need to always be FR, maybe both will be the last to be EV, and even if EV they will remain a rwd biased

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The sedan will likely be called Crown Majesta (which BestCar speculates is under development). These dimensions are proof it's not a S220 refresh, since the S220 uses a special narrowbody platform (often mistakenly called "GA-N") that is 1800mm wide. This is based on a stretched Mirai GA-L platform. This is more closely related to the Mirai and cancelled GS than the S220 Crown.

The wheelbase stretch is typical for the Majesta trim. Also fits rumors that ChDM will import the new Crown as its new flagship. FAW have always avoided calling the Avalon a flagship sedan but rather a Camry competitor.

Let's hope it doesn't just use carryover powertrains from S220. iForce Max is a bit too optimistic, but even with just a V35 it will be quite good.

Reactions
The sedan will likely be called Crown Majesta (which BestCar speculates is under development). These dimensions are proof it's not a S220 refresh, since the S220 uses a special narrowbody platform (often mistakenly called "GA-N") that is 1800mm wide. This is based on a stretched Mirai GA-L platform. This is more closely related to the Mirai and cancelled GS than the S220 Crown.

The wheelbase stretch is typical for the Majesta trim. Also fits rumors that ChDM will import the new Crown as its new flagship. FAW have always avoided calling the Avalon a flagship sedan but rather a Camry competitor.

Let's hope it doesn't just use carryover powertrains from S220. iForce Max is a bit too optimistic, but even with just a V35 it will be quite good.

f*cking hell LEXUS BRING BACK THE GS!

Last edited:

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
MODELISTA has some serious good looking 21 accessory wheels

Attachments

• crown_modelista_1.jpg
    crown_modelista_1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 19
  • crown_modelista_2.jpg
    crown_modelista_2.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 19
  • crown_modelista_3.jpg
    crown_modelista_3.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 19

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The Toyota Crown Estate shows that Toyota also will follow the split headlight trend -- at least for some models. I think we can expect this on Lexus too.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
In regards to the a new Lexus sedan inbound....the top right next to the next gen GX still remains in the shadows, and whether it launches as a MY24 or MY25 and what segment depends. MY24 seems like a CUV-SUV year.

2021-12-14-lexus-ev-range-768x360.jpg

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I'm betting on MY24 for the next-gen ES as it's switching to Japan for production alongside the Crown Cross