4th Generation 2024 Toyota Tacoma Thread

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions
yea. I think next year we'll get 2024 4runner and in 2024 we'll get 2025 tacoma.
I think we will see an all new Tacoma unveiled at the 2023 Chicago Auto Show as a 2024 MY. Not sure about 4Runner but they could debut the same year. I think they plan to keep 4Runner assembly in Japan.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I think we will see an all new Tacoma unveiled at the 2023 Chicago Auto Show as a 2024 MY. Not sure about 4Runner but they could debut the same year. I think they plan to keep 4Runner assembly in Japan.
Well i got some bad news for you the 4runner is an older vehicle so it should be first, 4runner is 2023 as 2024 MY and taco is 2024 as 2025 MY

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
4R rollout seems like it will be pulling a NX; initial batch will be JP, and then its viva la mexico next to the tacoma.

Pure speculation here, I would not be surprised if they pull a staggered launch like the Tundra/Sequoia. Same platform, same factory line.

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions
Well I guess I will wait and see but we’ve seen spy photos of the Tacoma, and non of the 4Runner and history has shown us that they don’t care if some models are long in the tooth. The midsize truck market is heating up and Toyota is #1 in that field. They’re going to do what they need to do to remain #1. That’s just my thought but I could be wrong. Time will tell.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Well I guess I will wait and see but we’ve seen spy photos of the Tacoma, and non of the 4Runner and history has shown us that they don’t care if some models are long in the tooth. The midsize truck market is heating up and Toyota is #1 in that field. They’re going to do what they need to do to remain #1. That’s just my thought but I could be wrong. Time will tell.
We haven't seen spy shots of 4runner yet because 4runner is being tested in Japan, Toyota is probably keeping the 4runner highly secretive and not testing it on public roads yet. Next year when it will about to be released, we'd probably see some shots of on the street

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The 4R and Taco and by extension the GX has never been this delayed period. The issue with there BOF mobiles have been that they have had some weird pendulum sales, that have nearly got them axed every few years. Every time the decision is nearly finalized, sales magically take a positive turn and the decision gets delayed. Then on top of that, design that was finalized as a replacement gets pushed into redesigns because what was current initially has now been deemed insufficient for the new launch date since the industry has moved on to the next big trend (case in point the LX).

The other weird thing, is that Toyota is reactionary, never evolutionary in the current decade. The EV tacoma, the GR power package update for the Hilux, the immediate 4R interior redesign are all reactions to the market that is rapidly attacking Toyota's comfy midsize BOF superiority. Ford, GM, Dodge are all going after The Taco/4R in their own unique ways, as offroad/overland is currently "in". Toyota needs to react. They need to hold on to this segment, its a pure money maker, especially since these vehicles are literally coming off TGNA-F.

We haven't seen spy shots of 4runner yet because 4runner is being tested in Japan, Toyota is probably keeping the 4runner highly secretive and not testing it on public roads yet. Next year when it will about to be released, we'd probably see some shots of on the street
Its actually testing on public roads. Media outlets just dont want that smoke.

Last edited:

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
The 4R and Taco and by extension the GX has never been this delayed period. The issue with the BOF mobiles have been is that have weird pendulum sales, that have nearly got them axed every few years. Every time the decision is nearly finalized, sales magically take a positive turn and the decision gets delayed. Then on top of that, design that was finalized as a replacement gets pushed into redesigns because what was current initially has now been deemed insufficient for the new launch date.

The other weird thing, is that Toyota is reactionary, never evolutionary in the current decade. The EV tacoma, the GR power package update for the Hilux, the immediate 4R interior redesign are all reactions to the market that is rapidly attacking Toyota's comfy midsize BOF superiority. Ford, GM, Dodge are all going after The Taco/4R in their own unique ways, as offroad/overland is currently "in". Toyota needs to react.

Its actually testing on public roads. Media outlets just dont want that smoke.
really? thats interesting since we've seen nothing about 4runner or prado in the media. hmm

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
really? thats interesting since we've seen nothing about 4runner or prado in the media. hmm
4R is an american product, designed by Calty, built in JP for a couple frames and then being shifted to MX. They have to test a little bit in the stateside. LC prado is tested in various facilities around the world, which you will see the actual locations once they do the media launch.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
4R is an american product, designed by Calty, built in JP for a couple frames and then being shifted to MX. They have to test a little bit in the stateside. LC prado is tested in various facilities around the world, which you will see the actual locations once they do the media launch.
I think 4runner is co built by the American team and Japan team, but tested and developed in japan

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Well some interesting updates on the 4R side.

-The 930B program code maybe wrong, 610L might be the actual code.
-If you'd like a job producing the 4R, I hear Toyota of Mexico is hiring for the 4R production line.
-Job start: January 2024-Decemember 2032.

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions
If this ends up being true I would be very disappointed. They should be offering more hybrids not so limited. Look at Camry, and Rav4. They sell lots of hybrids. Venza and Sienna is hybrid only and selling well. Look at the push over at Lexus… seems odd if they do hybrid on such a small variant of such a great truck.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Tacoma will compete against Ford Ranger 3.0 EcoBoost with its T24A hybrid, not V35A, right? And in Europe the T24A hybrid will compete against 3.0 PowerStroke and not F33A? It is true Toyota's hybrid is so good that ICE only is somehow insufficient.