2022 Nissan Z

Reactions
The GR Supra is clearly the better buy here. Period.

The Toyota is an absolute steal for 50k. However for the same price, it would be a huge stretch for Nissan. Toyota just stole Nissan's thunder in every single way possible and Nissan is left empty-handed. Other than styling, which is subjective, the GR Supra is better in every single aspect bar none.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
@Gor134 is also famous in Japan! ;)

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
The GR Supra is clearly the better buy here. Period.

The Toyota is an absolute steal for 50k. However for the same price, it would be a huge stretch for Nissan. Toyota just stole Nissan's thunder in every single way possible and Nissan is left empty-handed. Other than styling, which is subjective, the GR Supra is better in every single aspect bar none.

At least the new 2023 Nissan Z stays true to it's original roots & past heritage unlike the bastardised, mishmash 5th Gen Toyota Supra.

The 2023 Nissan Z Is More Fun Than the Toyota Supra at a Cheaper Price

The new Nissan Z is a heavily-updated 370Z, and so much more.

1652731903050.png

"Face it: You’re worried about the 2023 Nissan Z. You heard it’s nearly 200 pounds heavier than the 370Z. You read that it’s still riding on the 370Z platform, which itself was an update of the 350Z platform, a chassis approaching its 20th birthday. You’re wondering how the new Z can possibly compare to the Toyota Supra."

https://jalopnik.com/the-2023-nissan-z-is-more-fun-than-the-toyota-supra-at-1848929310

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The one thing I cannot agree enough of is how important tire selection is with vehicles. A bad tire selection can break a vehicle experience. Bridgestones (Flat spot prone) and Dunlop (louder) tires lexus ships select vehicles are not as durable and quiet as say some of the Michelins they use.

Last edited:

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
The one thing I cannot agree enough of is how important tire selection is with vehicles. A bad tire selection can make or break a vehicle experience.
100%
Same thing with the god-awful Pirelli run-flats a lot of luxury brands like to use. Probably wholesale really cheap for them.

Reactions
At least the new 2023 Nissan Z stays true to it's original roots & past heritage unlike the bastardised, mishmash 5th Gen Toyota Supra.

The 2023 Nissan Z Is More Fun Than the Toyota Supra at a Cheaper Price

The new Nissan Z is a heavily-updated 370Z, and so much more.

View attachment 5849

"Face it: You’re worried about the 2023 Nissan Z. You heard it’s nearly 200 pounds heavier than the 370Z. You read that it’s still riding on the 370Z platform, which itself was an update of the 350Z platform, a chassis approaching its 20th birthday. You’re wondering how the new Z can possibly compare to the Toyota Supra."

https://jalopnik.com/the-2023-nissan-z-is-more-fun-than-the-toyota-supra-at-1848929310

Jalopnik is hot garbage. If that's your source for your hate-fuelled charge then boy do I feel sorry for you.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I am just so elated it’s back and we have a Supra. I don’t mind healthy competition but bashing either is really lame considering the CUV world we live in. Both cars were easy to say no too but we have them.

Like i said on Instagram, bash the companies not making coupes.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
I was wondering wtf with the hate, a sidetrack not worthy of this thread. I see the potential for a desirable performance coupe here, in contrast to the mediocre CUVs that dominate US market.

Last edited: