Will1991

Reactions
Between RX, TX, GX and LX, I think the decision was made that there was no room for the LF-1. Just my .02 from a few things I heard very recently.

That might explain why we will get the new LX here in Europe, LX600 and LX500d has been trademarked.

500d should be the new 3.3L Diesel Engine, 600 the new TT V8?

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
Biggest question is, when will all this cars be available? We already know LX and NX will be on sale at the end of this year. Hope for the rest we wont have to wait long.

Will1991

Reactions
TX550h+ has been trademarked with the UPSTO!

ImageAgentProxy

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
Very nice. I was having a hard time believing the 500h was going to be the top dog to motivate something the size of the TX. 550h+ definitely would be welcomed. NX350 tune + the 18kW battery from the 450+ gives you somewhere around 380hp and 420ish lbf·ft.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
So is the TX confirmed for the 2024 MY? No chance it’s a 2023?
2 Years from Filing is the time span for Lexus for acting upon this filing.

RX is coming out later this year as MY23, TX being staggered out 6 months behind to either launch as a late My23 or early MY24.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I'm not sure if anyone had already posted this, but these pictures are from December when Toyota/Lexus has their EV future announcement. This are from a video on youtube, basically Lexus engineers were driving the "RZ" as it shows on the side of the vehicle. Obviously this isn't the RZ but Lexus took the body of what I think is the TX (as you can see the similarities from the first 3 vs the last picture) and put it on RZ platform. Some were saying the 3 row suv Lexus teased was either GX or TX, but I would now say that it's the TX.

1652392483960.png
1652392545886.png
1652392613590.png
1652392665990.png

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
I'm not sure if anyone had already posted this, but these pictures are from December when Toyota/Lexus has their EV future announcement. This are from a video on youtube, basically Lexus engineers were driving the "RZ" as it shows on the side of the vehicle. Obviously this isn't the RZ but Lexus took the body of what I think is the TX (as you can see the similarities from the first 3 vs the last picture) and put it on RZ platform. Some were saying the 3 row suv Lexus teased was either GX or TX, but I would now say that it's the TX.

View attachment 5819
View attachment 5820
View attachment 5821
View attachment 5822
The RZ test mule was based on a Highlander…

Brickhead

Fan
Reactions
Well the interior probably is the Highlanders, but the exterior look very similar at least to me to the big suv Lexus teased which I believe is the TX. That's the point I'm trying to make.
I see your point and hope you’re right. I definitely see some similarities between the two. However, the 3rd row window looks smaller than what’s in the the teased pic.?

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I see your point and hope you’re right. I definitely see some similarities between the two. However, the 3rd row window looks smaller than what’s in the the teased pic.?
It's smaller because they only put the body on the RZ platform, but not to the full 3 row length of it since they're testing a smaller vehicle of course.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
BZ/RZ wheel base is the same size as the current highlander. The TX/GH will probably have to stretch some proportions to accommodate a 3rd row that adult humans with legs will want to be in, unlike the current RX-L, and to a degree the current highlander. Whether they make rear/d pillar area upright, or they actually go full extendo is up to TMC. However that being said those 3 row CUVs during EV day, seem like both will happen.

Side note:
The characteristic trait of the highlander is the armrest in that Akio picture; the only vehicle that does the fixed armrest with a sliding top is the highlander special. That interior is a highlander repurposed for testing. Remember the TGNA-K platform will underpin the RX, TX, Highlander, GH (the list goes on).
The All-New 2020 Highlander - Don Valley North Toyota
iu

Last edited: