2022 Nissan Z

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
---R36 GT-R is not in development at the moment, it is on a bi-year hiatus and will resume in time for a 2026 launch. It is essentially deja vu like was the case in 2001 with the GTR concept being shown and not surfacing until 2007. R35 production ends in 2022.
On an unrelated note.. wanted to respond to this. With the GT-R still sold as a 2021 in the US and 2022s in Japan all sold out.. this might end up being true that the R35 is ending production this year?

And I think since his initial comments, the plans for R36 have changed to just a heavy refresh for the GT-R to market as a "next gen" similar to the Z and IS, according to BestCar. Which wouldn't surprise me.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
On an unrelated note.. wanted to respond to this. With the GT-R still sold as a 2021 in the US and 2022s in Japan all sold out.. this might end up being true that the R35 is ending production this year?

And I think since his initial comments, the plans for R36 have changed to just a heavy refresh for the GT-R to market as a "next gen" similar to the Z and IS, according to BestCar. Which wouldn't surprise me.
It seems whatever nissan is doing, it seems to be working on the heavy refreshes. They dont have the capital for new platforms.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
It seems whatever nissan is doing, it seems to be working on the heavy refreshes. They dont have the capital for new platforms.
Yup. Even for the Frontier, which was really shocking to me as I was expecting a true next gen. I'm hoping at least they pull something similar off for the Q50/60 and give it a heavy refresh. The car sells well for how old it is and is the only remaining "sporty" model in Infinitis lineup with some enthusiast connection. Really annoyed with Nissan's mismanagement under Ghosn and lack of investments. At least they're kinda fixing things up at Nissan.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
They're doing the best they can with the resources at hand. Its really amazing. I dont think a q50/60 refresh is a worthwhile investment plan for Infiniti. Their best bet in this market is get as many Nissan CUVs rebadged as Infiniti CUVs as possible. Using that money to reinvest into EV CUV development.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
> I dont think a q50/60 refresh is a worthwhile investment plan for Infiniti.
At least just for maintaining some brand image I think it is worth it

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Unfortunately no better resolution.. using a 4 year old smart phone with not so great zoom unlike the newer phones haha. I did talk with a photographer in the industry and he stated he had talked with Z engineers and there were talks for a special edition in BRG or a similar green with a tan interior. But this might also just be a car for FF as some of those forum commenters suggested. Wish I got better pics tho haha.