sl0519

Follower
Reactions
MAG-X Render for the TX:

Nah. Such lazy job by Mag-X as we can clearly tell it is a photoshopped highlander.
Highlander_XSE.jpg

Ofc anything could happen if it turns out to be anything like the render...it's DOA.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Honestly it maybe the same mistake as the Grand Highlander and Sequoia

Why no one thought that this mag-x render is the TX brother aka Grand Highlander in which the TX shares a lot of parts except the front as every new Lexus / Toyota product, they nearly looks identical in the first generation and started to shift away by generation and / or facelift

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions

“My guess is you’ll see a lot of hybrid, in the connection with [F] before you get to full electric,” the Lexus boss said. “If you’ve ever driven a Tesla or a [Porsche] Taycan, the acceleration blows your lid. So do you take electrification and make it not just about the environment, but performance too?”

“We have a four-year life cycle [on the IS 500], and then beyond that there are some other powertrains. My friends are calling me and asking ‘Are you building another one?’. I highly doubt it. I would go get one and put it in your garage.”

This pretty much confirms the IS will go until 2024-2025 the latest if it has a 4-year life cycle. But a little confused by the last bit about "are you building another one.. highly doubt it" if previously hinting at other ICE F models. Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions

This pretty much confirms the IS will go until 2024-2025 the latest if it has a 4-year life cycle. But a little confused by the last bit about "are you building another one.. highly doubt it" if previously hinting at other ICE F models. Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I read that As the last NA V8 in their line up or last V8 in a car the size of the IS.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
V8 is done, unless they are handbuilding these engines out of some shed at the TTC in Shimoyama for a halo car poised to launch in MY2025 or CY25. The price point an F version model of their existing lineup to include a V8 (whether NA, FI, or P/HEV is just not fathomable.)

Last edited:

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Anyone wonder TM has not improved as much after basically dumping a metric crapload of their future programs in display? Mfgs with less products seem to have faired much better for some reason?

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Hi all, I've been reading the forum for a year or so now, but this is my first post here.

I've seen plenty of rumors about a new MR2 with a 2.8-3.0 TT V6, like these:

What are the chances of us seeing a 2.8-3.0 TT V6 based on the V35A? With the exception of the 1GZ and 1LR, I can't think of any other Toyota/Lexus engine family that has only had one variant, and it seems likely that we will see another V6.

Aside from the MR2, other applications for a 2.8-3.0TT V6 could include the next IS, TX, GX, Grand Highlander, 4Runner, Prado, and Tacoma. I suspect the T24A will make a strong appearance in these vehicles, but I think there is room in the lineup for a TT V6, especially considering the Bronco has the 2.7 TT V6.

Just my $.02.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
If they want to put the TTV6 in a future F/GR car then yes it will have a shorter stroke to make it ~3000cc and give it better top end power.

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
Hi all, I've been reading the forum for a year or so now, but this is my first post here.

What are the chances of us seeing a 2.8-3.0 TT V6 based on the V35A? With the exception of the 1GZ and 1LR, I can't think of any other Toyota/Lexus engine family that has only had one variant, and it seems likely that we will see another V6.

Aside from the MR2, other applications for a 2.8-3.0TT V6 could include the next IS, TX, GX, Grand Highlander, 4Runner, Prado, and Tacoma. I suspect the T24A will make a strong appearance in these vehicles, but I think there is room in the lineup for a TT V6, especially considering the Bronco has the 2.7 TT V6.

Just my $.02.

Funny Toyota has millions to burn when it comes to creating small, irrelevant sports cars (producing duds like the GR Supra & 86) while the majority of Lexus vehicles continue to languish In mediocrity.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions

Just my $.02.
Seems like the MR2 appeared out of nowhere after an interview with a Toyota exec. Renders suddenly appeared afterwards.

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
We're still a bit off the mark as to its full electric transition, surely something will come up that'll satisfy the purists one way or another in that time.