NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Yes, that is very common when people try to disconnect the O2 bung. They usually pry it out and there is a pair of twisted wires there. It is a bit difficult to take out so sometimes people end up damaging the O2 sensor.
The folks with the IS500 O2 CEL seem to be doing some interesting troubleshooting protocols.

"VMax into a curved freeway exit, and then rapidly decelerate"....smh

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Weird, everything I had heard was them becoming defensive around applications of the full on F moniker.
If they apply an F moniker on anything, it has to be a better paper spec racer, including price.

Thats a tall order, that would need to bring the same principles that inspired and drove the development of the LS400.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
If they apply an F moniker on anything, it has to be a better paper spec racer, including price.

Thats a tall order, that would need to bring the same principles that inspired and drove the development of the LS400.

They’re going upmarket. Next full on performance car will be a purpose built supercar.
It’ll be a price bracket between LC and LFA.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
More and more IS 500 CEL issues popping up, some a second and third time after repair. It doesn't seem like there's a full understanding or fix for what's going on.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
They’re going upmarket. Next full on performance car will be a purpose built supercar.
It’ll be a price bracket between LC and LFA.
If thats the case, then the promise of more F models below the 100k range just went out the window. Good stuff though for the true performance enthusiast though.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
More and more IS 500 CEL issues popping up, some a second and third time after repair. It doesn't seem like there's a full understanding or fix for what's going on.
Well things just got spicy. I assume supply and production hell at Toyota as well?
Tesla's Higher Prices Due to Supply Chain Pressure, Says ...

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
If thats the case, then the promise of more F models below the 100k range just went out the window. Good stuff though for the true performance enthusiast though.

I think the idea is start with the purpose built supercar car and create market applications.

Future Lexus coupes across the line will benefit in different ways, I’m sure.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I think the idea is start with the purpose built supercar car and create market applications.

Future Lexus coupes across the line will benefit in different ways, I’m sure.
I assume the trickle down effect you mention, means these products are way in the future, past the 2025 renaissance of Lexus.

Last edited:

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
More F is surely exciting, but all I want to see is more mid-high end NEW products besides NX, ES, RX. Even myself cares little about performance can hardly find any vehicle in current Lexus line up that goes to 60 around 5 sec mark, excluding six-figure vehicle like the LC & the LS (ofc there is the F line but they are getting too old; RC-F only two doors, GS-F out of production, and IS500 only exclusive to USA). Is it really too much to ask for?

Reactions
More F is surely exciting, but all I want to see is more mid-high end NEW products besides NX, ES, RX. Even myself cares little about performance can hardly find any vehicle in current Lexus line up that goes to 60 around 5 sec mark, excluding six-figure vehicle like the LC & the LS (ofc there is the F line but they are getting too old; RC-F only two doors, GS-F out of production, and IS500 only exclusive to USA). Is it really too much to ask for?
Canada as well.

mikeavelli

Reactions

I spoke to them at the race. It’s a top priority to get it sorted and fixed