1st Generation Lexus RC 300, 350, F and Track Edition Megathread

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Up for what? I gave you facts, I am not here to argue. Look at the specs, you don’t like the specs so you chose not to believe them. That is fine. I have other things to do on the weekend... I don’t need to put items in and take a photo, that is what specs are for. I didn’t call you a Fanboi? I said I get you are a fan of the car, no problem, just don’t make things up. I am 6 feet, 180 pounds, I sat in both. Sounds like you haven’t....

It is easy to recite internet numbers, it is another to actually prove it in real life. You are not using internet numbers when you are using it in real life. I have actually seen an M2 up-close in real life. Don't make assumptions. I KNOW RCF trunk is much bigger. Those numbers don't add up. No way in hell RCF has a smaller trunk than 2-series. You can take it to the bank. I am saying, I can prove it that RCF's trunk is much bigger than your 2-series in real life. If you are not up to back up that then let's drop this.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
No trunk and tiny back seats in the M2? Have you sat in one? I get you are a big fan of the RCF, but don’t mislead people. I have a 228i, same car as the M2 minus the upgrades, the back seat has more space than the RC. How do I know? I sat in the back seat in the RC and my car many times, it is bigger and more comfortable in the 2 series. Trunk isn’t tiny either, I think it is 13 cubic feet. Tiny is sub 8 IMO. RC has 10 cubic feet....

yeah I agree the 2/M2 is very roomy for its size and to be a coupe. One of the big pluses about it.

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
No trunk and tiny back seats in the M2? Have you sat in one? I get you are a big fan of the RCF, but don’t mislead people. I have a 228i, same car as the M2 minus the upgrades, the back seat has more space than the RC. How do I know? I sat in the back seat in the RC and my car many times, it is bigger and more comfortable in the 2 series. Trunk isn’t tiny either, I think it is 13 cubic feet. Tiny is sub 8 IMO. RC has 10 cubic feet....

The M2's cpace and green house has a bit more volume than the RC F. The RC F may look bigger on paper, but usable space is what BMW did well with the M2/2 series and even the M4/4 series. I dislike the compromised space I have in my RC F. More attention was put outside on the style vs. actual usable space inside.

Reactions
The M2's cpace and green house has a bit more volume than the RC F. The RC F may look bigger on paper, but usable space is what BMW did well with the M2/2 series and even the M4/4 series. I dislike the compromised space I have in my RC F. More attention was put outside on the style vs. actual usable space inside.

I think the reason why the BMW is also extremely roomy is the INSANE amount of headroom it has. On some angles it looks like the 2-Series was stretched upwards, while the RC is more low slung.

BMW did an excellent job with the packaging of the 2-Series, and I still want one. An M240i xDrive with a manual is a STEAL where I am. Sure the interior may be a bit dated but around in the low 50's where I am, that's almost 10k cheaper than the GR Supra (granted the GR Supra performs better), and almost 15-20k cheaper than the RC F.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
If the GR Supra was a tad larger, I would have gotten than instead of my RC F.

Even though, Supra was not available when I purchased my RCF in 2017, but having back seats to put two baby seats in the back and a usable trunk were a must for me. It is something I can enjoy with my kids and wife. I guess, that is the return for carrying the additional 500 lbs of weight.

If it had 2 back seats and more roomy trunk, would my decision be different? The 2UR engine is what really personally drove me towards Lexus as a brand. High-revving V8, 500 HP (OEM++) with its sound and response is an absolute gem. Though, many low mileage used Supras are available in my city for much cheaper than what I can sell my 18K KM RCF for, but I have grown confident every day living with this car (and with OEM++ mods) of why it ticks all the boxes for me.

thumbnail_DSC_0677.jpg

Last edited:

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
Even though, Supra was not available when I purchased my RCF in 2017, but having back seats to put two baby seats in the back and a usable trunk were a must for me. It is something I can enjoy with my kids and wife. I guess, that is the return for carrying the additional 500 lbs of weight.

If it had 2 back seats and more roomy trunk, would my decision be different? The 2UR engine is what really personally drove me towards Lexus as a brand. High-revving V8, 500 HP with its sound and response is an absolute gem. Though, many low mileage used Supras are available in my city for much cheaper than what I can sell my 18K KM RCF for, but I have grown confident every day living with this car (and with OEM++ mods) that I made the right decision.

View attachment 4809

467 HP you mean.

Jeonsa

Fan
Reactions

If it had 2 back seats and more roomy trunk, would my decision be different? The 2UR engine is what really personally drove me towards Lexus as a brand. High-revving V8, 500 HP with its sound and response is an absolute gem. Though, many low mileage used Supras are available in my city for much cheaper than what I can sell my 18K KM RCF for, but I have grown confident every day living with this car (and with OEM++ mods) of why it ticks all the boxes for me.

View attachment 4809
I’m cross shopping the two and leaning more towards the RCF for the same reasons you did. I love the car with its quirks too.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Everyone gets different results. Just qualify it with your stats! ;)

Not to go off-topic, but it is widely accepted/undisputed intake/headers/exhaust RCF get 50 - 55 whp in total. A lions share of that comes from headers. It is the best single mod as it yields the best gain of around +25 whp to even +30 whp. Rest of it, all comes from a full catback exhaust mostly and a few from the intake. Talking to Rafi at RR Racing, the stock exhaust is way too restrictive. There are also customer before/after dynos available on it. Again, we can agree to disagree.. There is even a video of an Invidia-only RCF vs stock RCF and it beating the stock RCF every time very easily. I can feel the gains everywhere in the rev range. It is definitely much quicker than when my RCF was stock and it is very easy for me to prove if there was a stock RCF owner who wanted to test the theory out.

I also have -30 lbs weight reduction with the lightweight Antigravity Lithium ion battery compared to the OEM Panasonic. I posted the weight pictures on CL.

If you want to talk about it more, I would be happy to talk over PM as I don't want to draw too much attention and derail this thread.

I’m cross shopping the two and leaning more towards the RCF for the same reasons you did. I love the car with its quirks too.

Both are great cars. Cannot go wrong either way. Depends on your preference. Supra is lighter, smaller by 1 foot, focused while RCF is more jack-of-all-trade and again, that V8 is phenomenal.

Last edited:

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
Not to go off-topic, but it is widely accepted/undisputed intake/headers/exhaust RCF get 50 - 55 whp in total. A lions share of that comes from headers. It is the best single mod as it yields the best gain of around +25 whp to even +30 whp. Rest of it, all comes from a full catback exhaust mostly and a few from the intake. Talking to Rafi at RR Racing, the stock exhaust is way too restrictive. There are also customer before/after dynos available on it. Again, we can agree to disagree.. There is even a video of an Invidia-only RCF vs stock RCF and it beating the stock RCF every time very easily. I can feel the gains everywhere in the rev range. It is definitely much quicker than when my RCF was stock and it is very easy for me to prove if there was a stock RCF owner who wanted to test the theory out.

I also have -30 lbs weight reduction with the lightweight Antigravity Lithium ion battery compared to the OEM Panasonic. I posted the weight pictures on CL.

If you want to talk about it more, I would be happy to talk over PM as I don't want to draw too much attention and derail this thread.

Both are great cars. Cannot go wrong either way. Depends on your preference. Supra is lighter, smaller by 1 foot, focused while RCF is more jack-of-all-trade and again, that V8 is phenomenal.

Faisal, i'm asking about your results, not the general public's results. All you have to say is yes or no if you have your own results from your own car. A 30lb weight reduction doesn't do you much if your car is just a daily driver.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Faisal, i'm asking about your results, not the general public's results. All you have to say is yes or no if you have your own results from your own car. A 30lb weight reduction doesn't do you much if your car is just a daily driver.

It is not a daily driver, but I get your point. It is my weekend spring/summer car and granted that is correct I don't feel the 30 lbs weight reduction as the car behaves exactly the same even under aggressive transitions. Still, it is there and one of the big benefits of Lithium Ion battery especially coming off the front and why they cost so much more than lead acid batteries. Tires and full catback exhaust were the two biggest improvements for me. Having said that, I will be taking it to the 'Rocky Mountain' racetrack once the track that is under construction opens up later in the summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAL