7th Generation (2019+) Lexus ES (250, 260, 300h, 350) Megathread

Reactions
Direct 4 some new Int Led lightning. and more better F sport new tranny. But I dont expect a full redesign its a "refresh" word they have used in the teaser statement

CrisB

Fan
Reactions
It seems they have proposed the shape of frontal daylight led like those on the RC300H, shorter and that go more toward the side

Lasse J. Nordvik

Follower
Reactions
I’m happy to see that the exterior design changes are very subtle as I found it quite perfect already. I don’t know if this will apply to all markets, but in Europe the hybrid model will become available with all wheel drive. What kind of Awd system I do not know.

Adrian

Fan
Reactions
I’m happy to see that the exterior design changes are very subtle as I found it quite perfect already. I don’t know if this will apply to all markets, but in Europe the hybrid model will become available with all wheel drive. What kind of Awd system I do not know.
Could it be the introduction of Direct4?

Reactions
Hopefully we see Direct4 in this facelift
I am thinking the same here. The term "NEW" will be for a new all wheel drive ESh. Lexus usually does not do a big news conference on just a refresh. I'm sure there will be bigger news than just a refresh. Not sure if they will keep the name the same. My guess is ES350h AWD with Direct4. Hope there's a plug in version. Excited and hopeful!

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
The light cluster of the refreshed ES looked a lot more upscale and well thought-out than the new LS. It even took some design cues from the new IS (the turn signal). I couldn't understand why they changed it so much on the LS it now looked kind of plain and generic.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
The light cluster of the refreshed ES looked a lot more upscale and well thought-out than the new LS. It even took some design cues from the new IS (the turn signal). I couldn't understand why they changed it so much on the LS it now looked kind of plain and generic.

They did a batch order of gazillion of those tiny rectangle LED projectors inside ugly housing so they are slamming them across the board. Even refreshed LC will get it most likely. Honestly they look like low end projectors, no flare to them at all.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
lets hope there is direct4 production vehicle revealed, that would be exciting!
Otherwise yes, they do vehicle reveals for facelifts too, especially on model so important as ES in China.

Question is - will it also show new turbo 4?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Gonna be a cool addition. Could replace my wife’s ES. Makes logical sense to add it to the lineup.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
They did a batch order of gazillion of those tiny rectangle LED projectors inside ugly housing so they are slamming them across the board. Even refreshed LC will get it most likely. Honestly they look like low end projectors, no flare to them at all.

I was mainly talking about the overall housing and arrangement, although I also do agree the previous trapezoid style led was much more elegant.

Last edited:

Neezy216

Fan
Reactions
Agreed!

I actually prefer the current headlight design on the ES versus the refreshed version. The ES300h AWD Direct4 (been waiting for years) would make me ignore the new headlight design though.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions

I've been thinking about this a tad, and I could certainly be wrong or led astray with marketing spin...

However, when is the last time Lexus teased a refreshed ES on a curvy road, with anything akin to "Your Road Awaits." ?

I know it's just a refresh, but something feels different about this one. It feels kind of... dare I say it... sporty?

Reactions
I've been thinking about this a tad, and I could certainly be wrong or led astray with marketing spin...

However, when is the last time Lexus teased a refreshed ES on a curvy road, with anything akin to "Your Road Awaits." ?

I know it's just a refresh, but something feels different about this one. It feels kind of... dare I say it... sporty?

Nah. It's probably just a nice road to drive on for the ES. I doubt it's anything more than that.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions

That was my first thought also. When was the last time Lexus advertised an ES on a curvy road?

Will1991

Reactions
After some thought, the first A.I ad ever created showed, briefly, the ES on a curvy road:

This being said, I would love to see the Direct4 coming to this facelift!

Lasse J. Nordvik

Follower
Reactions
Maybe it’s a little late to suggest this, but perhaps we should do a poll on if the hybrid’s all wheel drive system is the direct4, a transplant of the plug-in RAV4 driveline or a rear electric motor added to the current drive line?