Reactions
Render looks great. If the LF-1 Limitless turned out to just be a design exercise that influences all future CUVs... that’s better than nothing.

That sentence really pisses me off. I'd truly be upset if Lexus drops the ball and does that to an SUV that would sell in droves...

They've even admitted that the heavy platform needed to support the twin-turbocharged V8. I swear to god if they pull a Cadillac and don't release either the LF-1 or the new V8 I'll be so pissed. Years of work going down the drain because they have NO balls.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I’m hearing that rendering is not the NX so the mag is wrong..... maybe LF-1 still coming?

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I’m hearing that rendering is not the NX so the mag is wrong..... maybe LF-1 still coming?
Yeah it's an LF-1 rendering judging from the RWD proportions and body in general.. but still no clue if it's on or not.

Benito

Fan
Reactions
i think tx is highlander, comes before new rx which might be on new revised rwd platform as @maiaramdan claims, which replaces lf1 and coould be the next Crown cuv.

I can believe this. Aren’t there also rumors of a new enlarged version of the Highlander to give more third row space. That would make sense for this longer Highlander to be the basis of the new TX. That being said, the camouflaged CUV in the videos isn’t long enough.

Reactions
The new spy test photos are disappointing because by length, the new NX looks much longer than the current model. Why must everything get bigger?

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The new spy test photos are disappointing because by length, the new NX looks much longer than the current model. Why must everything get bigger?
Because competitors are getting bigger. The 'compact SUV' class has grown from 4.6m to 4.7m which was previously considered 'midsize'.

The NX will be based on Harrier/Venza instead of RAV4. It will be larger than gen1 RX. The 'subcompact' UX is already 4.5m long, not far away from current NX.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Because competitors are getting bigger. The 'compact SUV' class has grown from 4.6m to 4.7m which was previously considered 'midsize'.

The NX will be based on Harrier/Venza instead of RAV4. It will be larger than gen1 RX. The 'subcompact' UX is already 4.5m long, not far away from current NX.

RAV4 and Venza are on the same version of TNGA-K with an identical wheelbase, so I think all three/four (RAV4, Venza/Harrier, NX) will likely be on the same exact chassis. What will determine the other "size difference" of the NX will be how much mass exists before and after the wheels. Based on those images, NX seems like it will have a noticeably longer front overhang than the RAV4... probably similar to the Venza.

2019-Toyota-RAV4-in-red-side-profile_o-1038x375.jpg

Side-view-of-red-2021-Toyota-Venza_o.jpg

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
worthless promise, 2030 is too far away for any accurate prediction.
Considering the long lead times in the auto industry (~5 year development cycle), 2030 is not that far off; the 2030 model year is effectively only 8 years away and less than 2 full development cycles. The vehicles scheduled to come out in 2024 and later are on the drawing boards now, and vehicles scheduled for 2030 and later are certainly in the early planning stages now.

And with more and more countries announcing bans of internal combustion engined vehicles starting in the early 2030s timeframe, it does not come as a surprise to me what Audi has announced.

Stopping development of new internal combustion engines is getting increasingly common but ones that are now in use will probably still be improved to the planned end of their life cycles.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
The future of automotive industry is getting dark and sad !

Something is wrong !
Very wrong !

Automotive industry is going the path of phone industry!

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The future of automotive industry is getting dark and sad !

Something is wrong !
Very wrong !

Automotive industry is going the path of phone industry!

All humanity is going that way. Almost feels like the Bible's prophecies are true.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
The German really missed the way badly after VAG dieselgate , we know that VAG was wrong but this way is also not right !

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
"maybe 10-15 years" is very long time... in between they are investing in 48v hybrids, which is why I would take that with grain of salt.