2021 Toyota Sienna

Reactions

Drag racing a Sienna and an Odyssey seems foolish at face value, but.... uh.... that hybrid 4cyl Sienna was not far off the 280hp V6 Odyssey at all. Pretty surprising to me - I was expecting more of a smack down. Proof that Toyota knew exactly what they were doing here, and it worked.

I still want the six though.

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions
The build and price is live and I see they have a new color called Cypress. Has anyone seen this in person? Can’t find any pictures of it.

Reactions
A 15-year-old V6 you mean?

Didn't you just defend the V6 being in the new Lexus IS350 not long ago and now you're attacking me for wanting the V6 in the Sienna? Bruh.

I guess it's bad now that people want a good engine that was perfect for the Sienna *shrugs*.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Didn't you just defend the V6 being in the new Lexus IS350 not long ago and now you're attacking me for wanting the V6 in the Sienna? Bruh.

I guess it's bad now that people want a good engine that was perfect for the Sienna *shrugs*.
It's sarcasm, chill.

I didn't realize the J35 family has been in production and lacked modern updates for so long until I looked it up. Even the Y6 variant on the latest Odyssey is about a decade behind the FKS in tech.

Reactions
It's sarcasm, chill.

I didn't realize the J35 family has been in production and lacked modern updates for so long until I looked it up. Even the Y6 variant on the latest Odyssey is about a decade behind the FKS in tech.

I really couldn't tell your sarcasm tbh. LOL.

Also there's reasoning as to why I wanted newer engines for the IS. The IS needs it because the competitive set employ that engine configuration. A twin-turbocharged V6. The Sienna's competitors all use NA V6's and the Sienna had the best one (to which I see you are in agreeance with with me).

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
GAC-Toyota plans to produce 102.6k Sienna "NEV"s per year. That's a very high sales target. Keep in mind Toyota China list hybrids as NEVs so I don't think this means a Sienna BEV or Prime is coming.

Other things: C-HR hybrid/PHV coming with 57.4k planned capacity.
Highlander will have 50k gasoline version (keeping 8AR-FTS) and 40k hybrid version.
In the mid-to-large SUV segment, there are TWO models besides the Highlander. One of them is the Harrier/Venza. This means Toyota has another SUV in this size class in the works. It is unknown whether this is the mid-size E-TNGA SUV Toyota has shown earlier.
This also confirms another hybrid-only MPV below the Sienna, probably the new Previa or Noah.

Will1991

Reactions
Despite being wrong at so many levels... Here is, the best commercial for car enthusiasts that need to buy a Sienna:

This made me laugh so hard 🤣

Reactions
Despite being wrong at so many levels... Here is, the best commercial for car enthusiasts that need to buy a Sienna:

This made me laugh so hard 🤣

They put the sound of a catback 2GR on top of the video.😂😩

Bring back the V6!!!

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
It already looks a bit like a crossover if you squint, so why not? I don't understand the limited color choices though.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
If you wanted Cement but had to settle for a van...
View attachment 4806

From all that is known publicly, Toyota seems very confused with this new generation Sienna. On one hand, they reduced the practicality and function of the interior as a purposeful decision to prioritize form and style over function. By offering only the hybrid powertrain, they also made the Sienna dramatically slower performance-wise. Yet now they're releasing a very mild trim with a slight lift? Seems like confused priorities, unless this is hinting at a more practical Sienna version or another more practical Toyota vehicle in the future.

Reactions
From all that is known publicly, Toyota seems very confused with this new generation Sienna. On one hand, they reduced the practicality and function of the interior as a purposeful decision to prioritize form and style over function. By offering only the hybrid powertrain, they also made the Sienna dramatically slower performance-wise. Yet now they're releasing a very mild trim with a slight lift? Seems like confused priorities, unless this is hinting at a more practical Sienna version or another more practical Toyota vehicle in the future.

Bring. Back. The. V6.

Reactions: RAL