Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
there is always something wrong... now NX is most important, we dont care about V8 and F models coming out
I never explicitly said "NX is most important". The rumored cancellation of LC F and the 4-liter TT V8 were the final nails in the Lexus malaise coffin, so clinging to hopes that rumors of a stunning, favorably-received 2NX would lead to at least minor Lexus redemption is, I think, an understandable reaction.

Who knows if BestCar is exactly right on timing, they are not always... for instance LX will not have old V8 either while LF gets new V8tt.
That is true. The notion of the new-platform TNGA-F 4LX using the carryover 5.7-liter V8 is absurd, especially in light of the LX 600 trademark.

NX is car they can most afford to delay, as it is still selling like hotcakes. But again, not sure if timing info is correct.
From the sales viewpoint, you're right. But more launch delays would throw it further out of whack from the TNGA-K RAV4 and Venza life cycles.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Do we have people on this site that work for Lexus that can like leak info to us cause I’m so sick of the run around on all this news. Just stop being so secretive and tell us what the hell you’re making! Lexus you’re already late to like every game so nothing you do is going to new to the industry but let us know what you’re making! No more crazy ass rumors! I’m sick of it!

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I never explicitly said "NX is most important". The rumored cancellation of LC F and the 4-liter TT V8 were the final nail in the Lexus malaise coffin, so clinging to hopes that rumors of a stunning, favorably-received 2NX would lead to at least minor Lexus redemption is, I think, an understandable reaction.

i am sure you read the article that claims LC F, LS F and LF with v8tt are coming next year?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
This may be surprising coming from me, but I have a hunch the 2NX is going to be awesome and just as big of a leap over the 1NX as the 5th gen RAV4 was over the 4th gen. Especially with the Venza and RAV, I think Lexus knows they have to get the NX right (even if it's hard to have hope after some of their recent decisions).

If NX and RX are botched or not full-scale, 100% effort model changes, Lexus is fucked.

I am sure 2NX will be much better car than 1NX... I dont always understand why do you think Rav4 is competition to NX though, it is still not luxury vehicle, as good as it is.

2NX with 2.4t will be another thing completely even if more expensive.

Venza is little bit better than Rav4 when it comes to luxury, I am sure it is more refined and quieter (which someone from here would compare), but it is also more expensive than Rav4.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I am sure 2NX will be much better car than 1NX... I dont always understand why do you think Rav4 is competition to NX though, it is still not luxury vehicle, as good as it is.

You are always reaching with my posts and twisting words 😅. 4th Gen RAV4 to 5th Gen RAV4 was a big jump and I am expecting the same type of evolution for NX. No way it won’t be.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Lexus is not going to drop the ball on a FWD SUV; its just bad business if they do. The current Venza and Rav4 on their highest trim levels offer the lowest quality a base NX could be.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
You are always reaching with my posts and twisting words 😅. 4th Gen RAV4 to 5th Gen RAV4 was a big jump and I am expecting the same type of evolution for NX. No way it won’t be.

No, I appreciate you so I remember what you were posting before about Rav4... I think me and you exchanged some posts if Rav4 is luxury or not, and you were writing how would you get one?

I just dont see it anywhere as close to Lexus. Basically it got back, kind of, where my Rav4.3 was long time ago (at least Euro model).

We also have members here that think Corolla is almost Lexus and that new Yaris will be as well... so obviously it is a subjective matter.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Yes, and I take those with a grain of salt. Of course I'd be ecstatic if those claims were true, but color me deeply skeptical that we'll be seeing those anytime soon, if ever.

Keep in mind BestCar was one that first talked about new IS and had renders and release date, that was delayed due to covid.

But state of mind is - you are taking all the good news with grain of salt, and yet the one that seems most unlikely and is "bad", is commented on.

I am personally very sure that we will see new v8tt in production Lexus vehicle, without any insight knowledge.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
No, I appreciate you so I remember what you were posting before about Rav4... I think me and you exchanged some posts if Rav4 is luxury or not, and you were writing how would you get one?

I just dont see it anywhere as close to Lexus. Basically it got back, kind of, where my Rav4.3 was long time ago (at least Euro model).

We also have members here that think Corolla is almost Lexus and that new Yaris will be as well... so obviously it is a subjective matter.

Yes, I do recall this and I think it’s a good point. You owned a RAV4.3, I owned a RAV4.4 and now we are on RAV4.5, so we have lots of perspective 🙂 . NX is decent but I think it’s hard to call it a real luxury car, just like many compact and entry level German vehicles are not very luxurious. This is not surprising based on its age, right?

Compared to the RAV4.5, in my experience the NX is a bit quieter, but higher trims of the Toyota are nipping on the NX’s heels with heated/cooled perforated Softex seats, 9” screen, pano roof, softex wrapped doors and dash, JBL clair-fi audio, adaptive LED headlights, 360 degree cameras, much more solid platform with better handling and good ride quality, etc. RAV4 does have some cheaper plastics on the bottom of the doors and bottom of the dash, but the cost cutting there is well hidden.

My point is: the gap between them has now narrowed, and I expect the 2NX to be a big step forward with all of the new tech and luxury it should gain. I think we agree on that?

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Compared to the RAV4.5, in my experience the NX is a bit quieter, but higher trims of the Toyota are nipping on the NX’s heels with heated/cooled perforated Softex seats, 9” screen, pano roof, softex wrapped doors and dash, JBL clair-fi audio, adaptive LED headlights, 360 degree cameras, much more solid platform with better handling and good ride quality, etc. RAV4 does have some cheaper plastics on the bottom of the doors and bottom of the dash, but the cost cutting there is well hidden.
Those features you list -- heated & cooled seats, large infotainment screen, etc. -- were premium features a while ago but in the past few years, Hyundai and Kia started including them in their line-ups, even in their lower-priced cars, and Toyota was taken to task for not immediately adding these features to the Camry and Corolla. These are now not premium features and Toyota has to offer them on the RAV4, Corolla and perhaps even Yaris (outside North America) to remain competitive.

So how does the NX differentiate itself from its Toyota cousin? It will have to do that in the same way that luxury cars have always differentiated themselves from mass-market cars, by offering different styling and styling cues inside and out; better interior materials, including better-quality pseudo-leather; and, perhaps most importantly, better overall refinement by smoothing out the rough and sharp edges. As I recall, the Corolla and the RAV4 do not have an underhood insulation pad (earlier generations of these cars had such a pad); adding one to the NX would be easy and improve noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) from the engine.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Lexus is not going to drop the ball on a FWD SUV; its just bad business if they do. The current Venza and Rav4 on their highest trim levels offer the lowest quality a base NX could be.

bro, what's lowest Quality?
did you see the Venza???
the Venza Quality & Fit/Finish takes rounds around the NX

honestly after i saw the venza for the first time, all what inside my mind for NX is either FR or FF in Rolls Royce / Bentley &or Aston material , material Quality & Fit/Finish

if neither the NX is real with no use, the Venza is the real 2nd generation Venza
and i already start thinking that maybe just maybe the continues postponing of the 2nd gen. NX is because they don't know if it's feasable right now with the Venza or not at all, same with the postponing of the current and last GS

if you see it was supposed to appear in July this yearat first and now we are talking about 2022
and if best car is true, and we will see the LS-F, LC-F, LQ or whatever they will call it& LX all in 2021 plus the IS-F later this year, it will show you exactly where's Lexus is heading and where's UX, NX, RX & ES are heading!

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
As I mentioned previously the RAV4/Venza in their highest trim level, should easily be the standard Lexus needs to keep for their entry level NX trim and build up on that on their higher trim level.

I think we need starlights and automatic door open and closers
/s or sarcasm

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
As I mentioned previously the RAV4/Venza in their highest trim level, should easily be the standard Lexus needs to keep for their entry level NX trim and build up on that on their higher trim level.

I think we need starlights and automatic door open and closers
/s or sarcasm

do you mean by features or by fit and finish? As usual with luxury brands, base NX will all of the features of top of the line Toyota products, but will have better materials, NVH, fit and finish, etc, - everything that makes Lexus a Lexus.

And that is not 360 camera that can be had in Yaris (can it be? hah!)

Pretty sure there will be NX with cloth seats in Europe.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I can't find Benz sales.... Amazingly the NX currently, being what 6/7 years old, sold 2nd best and had the smallest decline for the year. GLC might have topped it but even 3rd is amazing.

X3 59,941
NX 55,784
RDX 52,785
Q5 50,435
XT5 35,223

As for the 2022 model, I am hearing it is a pretty dramatic departure, obviously a bit bigger and going to be super techy.

Will1991

Reactions
Finally!!!

2022-lexus-nx-front-spy-photo.jpg

2022-lexus-nx-front-spy-photo.jpg

2022-lexus-nx-side-spy-photo.jpg

2022-lexus-nx-rear-spy-photo.jpg

Source: https://www.motor1.com/news/465781/2022-lexus-nx-spy-photos/

It seems the one with the roof bars is the F Sport version, it seems to have a different grill pattern.