Reactions

Page 2 has details and interior.
Kiriko glass was a start, it seems.

Sebass

Follower
Reactions

Page 2 has details and interior.
Kiriko glass was a start, it seems.
The F Sport Model is Hot. I really hope the LS600h is on its way, this car needs a V8.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
That is one disappointing update. Made the front worse, did not improve the rear. Made the interior worse with cheap touch screen tablet. No new engines, no trully individual rear seats.

I think this LS is a stopgap model, next generation will come with tt hybrid and V8. Or maybe the LS goes the way of GS.

momers

Fan
Reactions
Like I said, most mid-cycles are a botched job and this one ruined the face of the car and the sides with those side cameras!

With the new IS late-cycle refresh of June 2020, the car started looking like the latest LS and the UX, which was a great thing since the LS was pretty good looking in the front and UX has an attractive face as well.

With this refresh the LS looks like the late cycle refreshed RC, and RC was never a good looking vehicle.

WTF is going on, the design language is in a flux. I thought the UX styling was the design evolution?

And force fitting the touch screens in the LS and the IS (they have to be there because touch) has ruined the dashboard layouts in both the cars. I found the cascading two step dashboards to be real winners in both the cars.

Now waiting for the next gen LS to fix all this haha!

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
They made zero mention of the word 'L2 autonomous driving' in the entire press release, insisting it's a driving safety aid, even though the Teammate matches the definition of a L2 autonomous driving system. In almost every sentence they are trying to say this system is there to 'help' the driver, not 'replacing' it.

You can tell they are extremely paranoid about people falling asleep behind the wheel and crashing. It's the exact opposite approach to marketing compared to Tesla.

Unfortunately, the world we live in rewards the irresponsible approach.

D

DDas

Geez...Lexus has been all over the place lately. They don't give us a new IS; rather, they hand us a major overhaul with the same interior. But then, they sort of make up for it with the IS500 trademarked (can't judge too soon though). They cancel the LCF project. Now, they give us a disappointing update on the LS. Sorry, but wtf are those holes on the side of the Hybrid version? What up with the big sensor on the bottom that ruins the flow of the grille? Also, the tacked on tablet-like screen in place of what used to be there? That doesn't look "refreshed" to me. The front of the FSport looks really stunning, though! But overall, Lexus, get your act together! What is going on with, y'all?

I'm looking at this gallery by the way: https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/lexus/33020537.html

EDIT: I would like to add that I have a right to say what I want. I love Lexus. Always had. Always will. So for people like @CRSKTN who like to twist my words without even mentioning me, you can kiss my ass. We all know Lexus has been behind lately. EVEN LEXUS ADMITTED THAT. I am just emphasizing that. So if you have a problem with that, then you are sheltering yourself from the truth, and that's sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
So I might be the outlier, but I like it for the functional improvements. The touchscreen should be miles better then the touchpad for carplay/android interaction. The "teammate" or "L2 but we have been advised by legal not to mention L2" systems are quite impressive, should they perform/work as a refined L2 system. I assume those holes are for the Teammate system as well. I wonder if this system requires LIDAR?

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
WTF is with all the stupid, baseless criticism?

Fyi it has independent rear seats for whoever claimed it didnt.

20200707_02_26_s.jpg

The side sensors and front sensor are because this is an L2 self driving vehicle. Stop criticizing things you dont understand or are out of the loop on. The LCF being cancelled is a rumor. The new IS interior is not "the same" as it was before, unless you have magic access to sit inside it and tell for sure (my IS350 and RCF have the "same" interiors too, except not).

Good lord, there are communities online built to facilitate lazy discussion, this one has always struck me as one where people made an effort to be informed.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
So I might be the outlier, but I like it for the functional improvements. The touchscreen should be miles better then the touchpad for carplay/android interaction. The "teammate" or "L2 but we have been advised by legal not to mention L2" systems are quite impressive, should they perform/work as a refined L2 system. I assume those holes are for the Teammate system as well. I wonder if this system requires LIDAR?

Those side sensors and front sensor scream lidar, or some sort of sensor array to me.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I think everyone except Tesla's using LIDAR at this point. Even iPads have it now for AR.

If the don't-call-it-L2 works and isn't extremely expensive this seems like a no-brainer upgrade for current LS drivers. Given the existing LSS is a long way towards it, I'd think it'll be relatively cheap, but who knows.

The tacked-on tablet would not look so bad if it had a larger screen to reduce bezel size, something like 14-15 inch.

I don't even mind the bezel, but I'd prefer if it was like the current LS500, except more forward. So the top of the dash still goes over the screen.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Let's all take a seat here for a second and relax.

I'd like to see any vehicle reveal where an enthusiast community did not have some sort of critiques or feelings about it. This is the nature of forums and enthusiast communities overall, and some of you seem to forget that.

I think it's fair to say that some of you like this LS redesign, and some don't. Let's respect each other's opinions, cut the passive aggressive remarks and keep it moving.

Thanks.