krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
20-05-24-lexus-sienna-rendering.jpg

Photochopper Sugar Chow has envisioned a Lexus minivan based on the all new Toyota Sienna, and it’s a fun thought exercise given the model’s stellar redesign. Here it is in full resolution:

The 2021 Sienna was announced last week, and it’s yet another indicator that the Toyota product...

Continue reading...

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
This would be how you make the LM sell in western markets. A Lexus minivan would be a killer. I can't believe it hadn't crossed my mind before.

I realize there's no basis for the product (aside from them already having roughed in the lexus design elements, e.g. spindle grill), but this could be some sort of new luxury market niche. I can't think of anyone who does a really compelling, luxury minivan.

I'd say "RM" as i saw somewhere else, but this thing looks more LS than the LM.

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
This would be how you make the LM sell in western markets. A Lexus minivan would be a killer. I can't believe it hadn't crossed my mind before.

I realize there's no basis for the product (aside from them already having roughed in the lexus design elements, e.g. spindle grill), but this could be some sort of new luxury market niche. I can't think of anyone who does a really compelling, luxury minivan.

It would definitely be an opportunity for Lexus to have a minivan. Not sure if the upcoming powertrain Hybrid is enough, but people already are spending Lexus money on the top end Sienna trim levels. So there definitely is an opportunity. But would it really matter? Not sure as those top spec Sienna buyers would be just switching to Lexus

zeusus

Follower
Reactions

Sometimes if nobody else is doing something, it might be a good idea to get to that space first. Sometimes nobody is in the space for a reason.

Mercedes tried this segment with the R-class, the execution was ok and it only lasted 7 years (a full cycle) and died.

The X-class launched in 2017 and media is already reporting it's death.

I think people just see pick ups and vans and say, that'll never be luxury, as they're perceived as working class vehicles. General consumers buy luxury to project that they're above those classes.

I think the case can be made for Lexus to enter other segments before the classic minivan segment. We're reportedly being told that a big Escalade fighter SUV is coming to Lexus and fulfill dealer desires, that would make much more sense for Lexus large SUV to be picking up celebrities than a minivan for the kids' weekend game.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
I've made my feelings clear on the LM in other threads - it's a war between looking excellent and having awkward Alphard body panels follow. The 2nd gen, ground-up example will look far better.

This looks absolutely awful though - the proportions just seems very squashed.

Reactions
It would definitely be an opportunity for Lexus to have a minivan. Not sure if the upcoming powertrain Hybrid is enough, but people already are spending Lexus money on the top end Sienna trim levels. So there definitely is an opportunity. But would it really matter? Not sure as those top spec Sienna buyers would be just switching to Lexus

Horrible imagination of such a product going to market.
Looks like a Mazda mixed with Crysler Voyager. No Lexus DNA.

Lexus should benchmark Porsche, not BMW.

Reactions
Sometimes if nobody else is doing something, it might be a good idea to get to that space first. Sometimes nobody is in the space for a reason.

Mercedes tried this segment with the R-class, the execution was ok and it only lasted 7 years (a full cycle) and died.

The X-class launched in 2017 and media is already reporting it's death.

I think people just see pick ups and vans and say, that'll never be luxury, as they're perceived as working class vehicles. General consumers buy luxury to project that they're above those classes.

I think the case can be made for Lexus to enter other segments before the classic minivan segment. We're reportedly being told that a big Escalade fighter SUV is coming to Lexus and fulfill dealer desires, that would make much more sense for Lexus large SUV to be picking up celebrities than a minivan for the kids' weekend game.

I think, families should buy Toyotas.

Reactions
I've made my feelings clear on the LM in other threads - it's a war between looking excellent and having awkward Alphard body panels follow. The 2nd gen, ground-up example will look far better.

This looks absolutely awful though - the proportions just seems very squashed.

As already published, a better Mazda....

Reactions

Right, a killer for the brand.
Sadly, even the new Toyota RAV is looking too "Lexus"-ish whereas no any UX is seen in Austria on the roads in Austria, except those three demonstration cars driven by the sales staff of the Austrian importer, Lexus Frey Vienna.

Reactions
If they do so, they should not forget to put on a Toyota badge on it.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I like it. I think it would do just fine in North America. Be sure to use high quality luxury materials, tech beyond galore and the ability to customize your Lexus minivan...

thtupid

Fan
Reactions
nice rendering. But I personally find that design a little vulgar compared to the LM. I personally think minivans shouldn't be or even try to be sporty. If anything, they should be as luxurious as possible. Trying to sport up a people carrier is like Jeremy Clarkson being the next James Bond.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions

I don't disagree, but SUVs went from working class to luxury-only almost overnight in the late 90s/early 2000s. So the perception can be flipped.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
nice rendering. But I personally find that design a little vulgar compared to the LM. I personally think minivans shouldn't be or even try to be sporty. If anything, they should be as luxurious as possible. Trying to sport up a people carrier is like Jeremy Clarkson being the next James Bond.

I would totally see a Bond movie with Clarkson. Especially if the evil plot is to force everyone to drive second-gen SCs.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
I mean this in a neutral way, but this is the weirdest comment I've seen in a long time.

Like... what? Which families? Why? What?

Yeah 😂 .I think he just means that if we are talking about large family movers, then leave that to Toyota. I don't think he means families in general, or else pretty much all of the Lexus lineup just become obsolete owing to having more than 2 seats!