Toyota C-HR (New, Cheaper LE/XLE Trims Added for 2019)

Reactions
seeing how affordable he C-HR, is it selling units in masses?
It's all right...not great like the RAV4. I just saw a commercial tonight where you can lease the C-HR and also get $500 in Toyota Rewards Visa card.

larryren

Follower
Reactions
I think it can post on this thread.....The C-HR EV Prototype has been post by at Chinese's forum. And we can clearly see the interior and the parts under the hood. According Chinese media speculate C-HR EV(or FAW-Toyota IZOA EV)will debut on 2020 Beijing Auto Show at next month. But due to new corona virus outbreak, the show was postponed. Personal guess it will taking online press conference to instead.
(Adding translation description from original:
The detailed power parameters and cruising range are basically the same as those of the UX300E.
The batteries are all placed in the middle chassis.
And there is no obvious difference between the floor height and the chassis height visually.
There is no spare tire at the rear and there is a tire repair kit.
The gearshift is the same electronic gearshift as the Prius.
Compared with the gasoline version of the CHR, there is a more practical improvement is the
driving mode select is changed to the lever type
)

Original post: https://bbs.nga.cn/read.php?tid=20640455
-7da9Q5-209xXqZ78T3cS2tc-240.jpg
-7da9Q5-jbtwXzZ9rT3cS2tc-240.jpg

-7da9Q5-jbhoXuZ89T3cS240-2tc.jpg.medium.jpg

Last edited:

Will1991

Reactions
Nice share!

I really hope Toyota sells lots of this to get BEV's rolling out sooner than latter.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
It is FWD like UX? I understand it for cars based on ICEV, in this case AWD is possible, but the car will still have a long front overhang. For ground up BEVs however, it makes no sense to be FWD, neither practical, nor economical. Looking at Nissan Leaf and Renault Zoe...

Will1991

Reactions
It is FWD like UX? I understand it for cars based on ICEV, in this case AWD is possible, but the car will still have a long front overhang. For ground up BEVs however, it makes no sense to be FWD, neither practical, nor economical. Looking at Nissan Leaf and Renault Zoe...

Yes it is.

Toyota should complete the trifecta and electrify the Corolla Hatchback as well.

That would certainly be a very easy sell!

21238441_2020_-_Nouvelle_Renault_MEGANE_E-TECH_Plug-in%20%281%29.jpg

1578584452720.jpg

Even Renault will soon offer a Captur and a Megane PHEV...

larryren

Follower
Reactions
These "three brothers" is share same electric module(battery/motor etc.). So UX is FWD, C-HR/IZOA also FWD.😔

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
260hp on a 1500kg+ CUV is not that impressive though. That's similar to gen 3
RAV4 V6. The $32k Camry V6 is faster than that.

IMO the GR line should all have superior power-to-weight ratio than the Camry V6 (less than 5kg/PS)

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
260hp on a 1500kg+ CUV is not that impressive though. That's similar to gen 3
RAV4 V6. The $32k Camry V6 is faster than that.

IMO the GR line should all have superior power-to-weight ratio than the Camry V6 (less than 5kg/PS)

Who cares what can Camry V6 do? It is not the same market. We dont have Camry V6 in Europe, it is not the benchmark. Plus, it is FWD.

C-HR and Corolla with 260hp engine and trick AWD drive would be fastest Toyota models in Europe by far, and also would compete well with similar vehicles in class.... as long as price is OK.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
p.s. just saw GR Yaris 0-100kmh specs:
Acceleration (0-100 km/h) 5.2 sec

That is pretty quick.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Who cares what can Camry V6 do? It is not the same market. We dont have Camry V6 in Europe, it is not the benchmark. Plus, it is FWD.

C-HR and Corolla with 260hp engine and trick AWD drive would be fastest Toyota models in Europe by far, and also would compete well with similar vehicles in class.... as long as price is OK.

In Europe the benchmark is BMW 330d.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
for what? Small cuv sports model?
No it is not.

0-100 acceleration, all cars combined.
For small CUV it will be X1 and GLA, Hyundai N soon, there exist Hyundai fans everywhere now, it spread like a virus.

In Europe online fans are already bashing the GR Yaris because it is I3 instead of I4, of course they close their eyes at I3 BMW/Mini and everything else. Can't do anything, but the European market is badly brainwashed, very unfair.