Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Blade ahs seems interesting, first lexus with apple CarPlay in Europe, and first TMC vehicle with Android auto I think.

Here in US, Sequoia/Tacoma/4Runner/Tundra are first to have Android Auto, but RX may well be first TMC vehicle to have it in Europe.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew

Videos: The Updated 2020 Lexus RX & RX F SPORT
19-05-30-lexus-video-rx-debut.jpg

The RX lifestyle.
View the original article post

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
I'm not a fan of touchscreens but hopefully this new generation will be more reliable than the previous versions. Apparently Lexus is going to start installing the touchscreen option in further refreshes. Glad to see you still have the option to use the remote.

At first I wasn't seeing the changes in the headlights and tail lights but I went out in our shop to see a previous year model and now I can see the changes more clearly.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
I can't even tell how the front end has changed, but for some reason it looks better to me, and the rear taillight change is welcome, just because I'm getting sick of seeing so many identical RXs on the road.

The touchscreen is also a major step in the right direction, with the addition of Apple CarPlay and presumably also Android Auto.

also, at 0:24 in the video they used footage of the pre-facelift RX lol...

Reactions
I can't even tell how the front end has changed, but for some reason it looks better to me, and the rear taillight change is welcome, just because I'm getting sick of seeing so many identical RXs on the road.

The touchscreen is also a major step in the right direction, with the addition of Apple CarPlay and presumably also Android Auto.

also, at 0:24 in the video they used footage of the pre-facelift RX lol...

The headlight became one slick shape at the front with nothing jutting out from the sides. Almost similar to the RC headlights. There also seems to be some (fake?) side intakes next to the grille as well with a sharp foglight below it. The grille itself is also more refined, looking a lot less plastered on. I feel the next RX would nail the spindle design.

Last edited:

yiantony

Fan
Reactions
They finally added the Android Auto which was to happen years ago. I still remember their iconic (ironic) statement on not having Android Auto - 80% of our customers have Apple Device, but they didn't even add Carplay to all of their cars.

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
Good improvement to the frontal aspect not sure if it is lower ( the grille) however it looks lower and more an integral,part of the design. much better.
I agree with Joe and thought they they would have aped the rear view of the UX and put in the horizontal light feature which looks good on the UX.
Looks very good we can nitpick but overall this is a good looking vehicle and it is a Lexus!

Reactions
The front end closely resembles the NX. The red NuLux F-Sport seats also look very similar to the NX version.

Touchscreen is great but the screen is too far away for it to be useful IMO.

Jay

Reactions
Updates look pretty good. Loving the mesh grilles for the non-FSport models that Lexus is doing now. I'm also glad they didn't slap a continuous taillight on it even though there was an article a while ago where Lexus said they were going to start following that trend.

But yes, like everyone else, I also see more minivan vibes in the RXL...

My guess is the next gen RX will have the continuous red taillights across the entire tailgate like the UX. First the LF-1 Limitless concept and then the UX has it. Only a matter of time before the next gen NX and RX will too.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Those vents in the front of the F-Sport are a bit too much IMO, and are too close to the vents found in all other F vehicles, should've kept them for the RX F and put something a little more toned down.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
The front end closely resembles the NX. The red NuLux F-Sport seats also look very similar to the NX version.

Touchscreen is great but the screen is too far away for it to be useful IMO.

when it comes to touchscreen, it has been moved to front, considerably, compared to the old model.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Here in US, Sequoia/Tacoma/4Runner/Tundra are first to have Android Auto, but RX may well be first TMC vehicle to have it in Europe.

yeah... and in general, maybe first european TMC vehicle with carplay? European system lags a lot compared to the US one, and looks worse on Toyota's too... I know Rav4 salesmen were telling everyone that Android Auto support is coming by the end of the year to existing vehicles.

Reactions
when it comes to touchscreen, it has been moved to front, considerably, compared to the old model.

It is closer but still in an awkward position for a touchscreen. The right side of the screen will be quite a reach for the driver.