Spotted: The 2016 Lexus ES 350 in Atomic Silver

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-05-13-2016-lexus-es-atomic-silver-400x200.jpg

A 2016 Lexus ES in Atomic Silver has been spotted in Southern California, making it the first time the updated sedan has been seen on public roads.
View the original article post

GuoxJason

Fan
Reactions
Toyota vehicles should NOT be allowed to sport the spindle grille or anything similar! Why does Toyota do that?! When Lexus has something good, it is always emulated onto a Toyota vehicle...

Hamed Al Ketbi

Founding Member
Reactions
It looks really interesting!!
And I really like how in the Middle-East specially in the UAE, its still a big hit for the ES. Cause its used for VIP taxies around the county!
Its more like special taxi that you ask for... like #UBER taxi

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Hmm, to be honest, I liked it better at the reveal. Perhaps it's the angle and lighting, but the grill has too many visible horizontal lines reminiscent of an air conditioner grille. I'll reserve final judgment with better pics or seeing it in person.

0621_AirConditioner.jpg

Reactions: RAL

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
It looks really interesting!!
And I really like how in the Middle-East specially in the UAE, its still a big hit for the ES. Cause its used for VIP taxies around the county!
Its more like special taxi that you ask for... like #UBER taxi

Hi Hamed,

I was in the UAE, about 6 months ago, and I could not spot any NX.
Is the NX not immediately successful there ?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Very nice update. Honestly, I still like the current front end, so to me this is more "different" than "better." :)

D

DDas

Toyota vehicles should NOT be allowed to sport the spindle grille or anything similar! Why does Toyota do that?! When Lexus has something good, it is always emulated onto a Toyota vehicle...
AGREED! I hate that the Camry has a "spindle" grille. We saw that Lexus wants to distance themselves from Toyota (which they have been doing very well lately), and then Toyota slaps a spindle grille on the Camry and said they wanted the rear to be more "ES like." It bothers me that the Avalon and Corolla have such a beautiful design that the Camry could have adopted but no, Toyota felt the need to copy Lexus with its grille. The next Camry better look nothing like a Lexus because it's giving people an excuse to say "rebadged Camry/Toyota."

Anyways, these live wild shots look really fantastic! The silver is so much better than that horrible brown they revealed it in.

RAL

Reactions
Hmm, to be honest, I liked it better at the reveal. Perhaps it's the angle and lighting, but the grill has too many visible horizontal lines reminiscent of an air conditioner grille. I'll reserve final judgment with better pics or seeing it in person.

0621_AirConditioner.jpg
Now that's a creative observation!

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
AGREED! I hate that the Camry has a "spindle" grille. We saw that Lexus wants to distance themselves from Toyota (which they have been doing very well lately), and then Toyota slaps a spindle grille on the Camry and said they wanted the rear to be more "ES like." It bothers me that the Avalon and Corolla have such a beautiful design that the Camry could have adopted but no, Toyota felt the need to copy Lexus with its grille. The next Camry better look nothing like a Lexus because it's giving people an excuse to say "rebadged Camry/Toyota."

Excellent point, DDas. :) Looks like the Goose and the Gander are both trying to lay the same egg. :D;)

Anyways, these live wild shots look really fantastic! The silver is so much better than that horrible brown they revealed it in.

Silver, though, tends to be a me-too color, without any real distinction nowadays....it is just so common. Even if one thinks the brown is ugly or not his or her cup of tea (and I respect people's objective opinions on that)....at least it is different, and not all over the place like silver.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
Excellent point, DDas. :) Looks like the Goose and the Gander are both trying to lay the same egg. :D;)

Silver, though, tends to be a me-too color, without any real distinction nowadays....it is just so common. Even if one thinks the brown is ugly or not his or her cup of tea (and I respect people's objective opinions on that)....at least it is different, and not all over the place like silver.

I agree. Silver is just too common and boring, and being that I'm basically nearing my midlife crisis, the brighter the better! :D

D

DDas

It may be just because I own a silver ES haha. I would have loved to see the new red that debuted on the RC on this ES. Now that would have been nice.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Wow! As some here already know, I'm absolutely in love with Atomic Silver, so any Lexus I see with that color automatically looks amazing :D.

I absolutely love how the ES looks with this color :)!

Reactions: RAL

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Wow! As some here already know, I'm absolutely in love with Atomic Silver, .

I didn't know that, but I'm relatively new here, and still getting to know some of you. I wasn't knocking Atomic Silver, just pointing out that silver, in its various shades, is one of the most widespread colors in the industry. I myself am a fan of the Titanium Gray...a dark silver with a very powdery marked-metallic-effect. It's beautiful when done correctly.

Reactions: CIF

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
I didn't know that, but I'm relatively new here, and still getting to know some of you. I wasn't knocking Atomic Silver, just pointing out that silver, in its various shades, is one of the most widespread colors in the industry. I myself am a fan of the Titanium Gray...a dark silver with a very powdery marked-metallic-effect. It's beautiful when done correctly.

Atomic Silver is just a very unique take on silver. Usually I'm not a big fan of silver, but this, this is something else. Try and see a Lexus model with Atomic Silver in person, it will be worth it :).

RAL

Reactions
Atomic Silver is just a very unique take on silver. Usually I'm not a big fan of silver, but this, this is something else. Try and see a Lexus model with Atomic Silver in person, it will be worth it :).
Please pardon me as this is my third post in this thread, but I just had to comment again:

Atomic Silver cannot be captured truly in photos. You have to literally see it to appreciate how different it is from anything out there that is silver. We traded our Silver Lining Metallic RX in on an Atomic Silver NX. The two colors are totally different! And the amazing thing is how different the color looks in different lighting.

I'm with you CIF. It is absolutely my favorite color too. This color could make a Yugo look good . . . well, maybe not. ;)

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Please pardon me as this is my third post in this thread, but I just had to comment again:

Pardon You? You're a moderator...you can comment as much as you want. Besides, I sometimes post several times in one thread myself. ;)

Atomic Silver cannot be captured truly in photos. You have to literally see it to appreciate how different it is from anything out there that is silver. We traded our Silver Lining Metallic RX in on an Atomic Silver NX. The two colors are totally different! And the amazing thing is how different the color looks in different lighting.

I'm with you CIF. It is absolutely my favorite color too.

Well, I guess I'm going to have to take you guys up on that. ;) We'll see if it looks as good as the Titanium Gray.

This color could make a Yugo look good . . . well, maybe not. ;)

The Yugo was only good in one color.....LEMON yellow. LOL :D

hqdefault.jpg