Spotted: The 2016 Lexus ES 350 in Atomic Silver

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Please pardon me as this is my third post in this thread, but I just had to comment again:

Atomic Silver cannot be captured truly in photos. You have to literally see it to appreciate how different it is from anything out there that is silver. We traded our Silver Lining Metallic RX in on an Atomic Silver NX. The two colors are totally different! And the amazing thing is how different the color looks in different lighting.

I'm with you CIF. It is absolutely my favorite color too. This color could make a Yugo look good . . . well, maybe not. ;)

Sonic Titanium as it's called in other markets, is probably the best way to describe this color because it's less of a "silver" and much more like the color of the element titanium. :)

s13.JPG

RAL, echoing your point, there's a fluidity and depth that no camera has been able to capture and represent in a 2D photo that is only truly appreciated in person. Hmm, and I bet even that 45K Hasselblad posted last week cannot capture the complexities of this paint.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Sonic Titanium as it's called in other markets, is probably the best way to describe this color because it's less of a "silver" and much more like the color of the element titanium. :)

Yes, it sounds a lot like the Titanium Gray I've seen on some Audis, Fords, and Dodges. If so, you've got a point....the effect is striking.

Mohammed Taha

Founding Member
Reactions
It looks really interesting!!
And I really like how in the Middle-East specially in the UAE, its still a big hit for the ES. Cause its used for VIP taxies around the county!
Its more like special taxi that you ask for... like #UBER taxi

Hi Hamed,

I was in the UAE, about 6 months ago, and I could not spot any NX.
Is the NX not immediately successful there ?
I've seen 2 so far here in the UAE. Not sure how successful it is but it didn't take off like the LX.

Alshamsi

Fan
Reactions
It looks really interesting!!
And I really like how in the Middle-East specially in the UAE, its still a big hit for the ES. Cause its used for VIP taxies around the county!
Its more like special taxi that you ask for... like #UBER taxi

Hi Hamed,

Not sure about how successful, but 6 months ago i don't think it was launched in the middle east.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Lovel
Please pardon me as this is my third post in this thread, but I just had to comment again:

Atomic Silver cannot be captured truly in photos. You have to literally see it to appreciate how different it is from anything out there that is silver. We traded our Silver Lining Metallic RX in on an Atomic Silver NX. The two colors are totally different! And the amazing thing is how different the color looks in different lighting.

I'm with you CIF. It is absolutely my favorite color too. This color could make a Yugo look good . . . well, maybe not. ;)

Agreed, its an amazing color.

Hamed Al Ketbi

Founding Member
Reactions
Hi Hamed,

Yeah for the NX I would say in my own opinion it won't be very successful like in Europe of the US
And people would prefer the RX more!!

PaulA

Premium Member
Reactions
Hmm, to be honest, I liked it better at the reveal. Perhaps it's the angle and lighting, but the grill has too many visible horizontal lines reminiscent of an air conditioner grille. I'll reserve final judgment with better pics or seeing it in person.

0621_AirConditioner.jpg
Now that's a creative observation!
My first thought was the mouth of a Humpback Whale......lol

I have a 2013 ES and love the whole front end presentation.

Paul
"LOC"

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Wow! As some here already know, I'm absolutely in love with Atomic Silver, so any Lexus I see with that color automatically looks amazing :D.

I absolutely love how the ES looks with this color :)!

Agreed. I refuse to own a plain silver gray car. I do like this atomic silver.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Today I saw a new LS in Liquid Platinum. Not quite Atomic Silver, but still a nice silver color. I definitely admired it, as it looked good :).