Reactions
krew

Lexus September 2018 Sales Report
18-10-02-lexus-es-sales-october.jpg

Sales down 2.3% this month.
View the original article post

mikeavelli

Reactions
You know it really is only the RC down huge year over year. The new ES and UX are going to bolster things for 2019 as the LS and LC just are not selling as expected.

SteVVT-i

Fan
Reactions
The goal was 1k a month. Less than 700 last month for a brand new model is not good and no way to sugarcoat things.

Maybe its time for a couple project cars to help raise awareness.
They already featured the cars in the Super Bowl and Black Panther... what more can they do?

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
@mikeavelli I mean if you look and compare from the last model.. it looks like it is doing good.. Yes they did say 1k a month and since they aren't hitting that mark I guess it's a bad thing.

@krew what do you think sir?

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
All I wanted to do was make a quick post comparing Lexus and MB's year over year % change but ended up doing this, lol.

Worth noting S Class did 684 this month, albeit its coming towards the end of the cycle, for the class leader, its not far off from the LS at 668. 7 series did 705. The sales are probably getting spread to other units that are coming up in quality and also to SUVs.

Audi hasn't released their numbers but I left them a space for when they do report.

Sept 2018 Sales
MB - 26,169
BMW - 25,908
Lexus - 24,597
Audi -

Sept 2017 to 2018 % change
Audi - +9.6%
BMW : +1.3%
Lexus : -2.3%
MB :

2018 Year to date sales
BMW - 225,908
MB - 225,384
Lexus - 213,622
Audi -

MB
https://www.marketwatch.com/press-r...rts-september-sales-of-26169-units-2018-10-02
42849571_10155959777782060_6304929836393562112_n.jpg

BMW
https://www.theautochannel.com/news/2018/10/02/631193-bmw-reports-september-2018-u-s-sales.html
43134131_10155959777802060_6085539230421876736_n.jpg

LEXUS
(just for sake of comparison)
42962282_10155959777867060_7974347014047531008_n.jpg

AUDI
https://www.media.audiusa.com/en-us/releases/192

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
LF-1 can't come soon enough. Lexus has not been treated kindly by the shift to SUVs.

GTG

Fan
Reactions
Sales are looking south , the RC refresh looks good but that car needs to be a whole new one . The IS is down and at the end of its life ,just have to wait for a new one , the LC is fine it’s a grand tourer it’s not suppose to sell good in September Thur next year March 2019 . The Ls should of been 85 to 90,000 all in then it would of moved like hot cakes The sales should come full circle by December to remember, the new ES and the suv’s will put them in the green .

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
LF-1 can't come soon enough. Lexus has not been treated kindly by the shift to SUVs.

Yeah, although interestingly on the M-B side both the S and GLS are down sharply so it's not entirely an SUV thing. It almost looks like everything high-end is just not selling.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Sales are looking south , the RC refresh looks good but that car needs to be a whole new one . The IS is down and at the end of its life ,just have to wait for a new one , the LC is fine it’s a grand tourer it’s not suppose to sell good in September Thur next year March 2019 . The Ls should of been 85 to 90,000 all in then it would of moved like hot cakes The sales should come full circle by December to remember, the new ES and the suv’s will put them in the green .

Reluctantly, I agree on all the vehicle statements, especially RC/IS are outclassed. Has anyone seen the new 3-series (bland styling aside), it's a powerhouse on tech and performance.

Also, Tesla is hitting hard on the compact and large luxury sedan market with their Model 3 and S.

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/10/03/yep-tesla-gobbles-usa-luxury-car-market-8-charts-graphs/

Tesla.jpg

Lexus needs to fast-track the release of the LF-1, next IS, and their hydrogen-powered LS soon enough or full EV to remain competitive in this class to become the market leader it once was but I fear the price tag will make the Model S a bargain.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Regarding LS have 2 main points

1) yes it sold less than the targeted number in USA but more than the targeted number in a lot of other places like Japan, China and Europe

2) the full sized luxury sedan market in USA is already down and the LS is among the top 3

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Reluctantly, I agree on all the vehicle statements, especially RC/IS are outclassed. Has anyone seen the new 3-series (bland styling aside), it's a powerhouse on tech and performance.

Also, Tesla is hitting hard on the compact and large luxury sedan market with their Model 3 and S.

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/10/03/yep-tesla-gobbles-usa-luxury-car-market-8-charts-graphs/

View attachment 3019

Lexus needs to fast-track the release of the LF-1, next IS, and their hydrogen-powered LS soon enough or full EV to remain competitive in this class to become the market leader it once was but I fear the price tag will make the Model S a bargain.

What exactly is 3 series powerhouse in? It looks very bland, and interior is not luxurious at all.

Also, as to the Tesla, obviously if you look at luxury car sales, it is not Tesla that is taking away numbers...

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
I think overall a bit of a disappointment, especially the new ES - I thought sales of this brand new model would be way up so unless there was a delay in supply this figure is a let down. When and where is the UX -already launched in Europe according to magazine reports.
Instead of producing a yacht I believe Lexus need to focus on their cars, the IS is now at least five or six years old and even that new model was not a radical change more of an evolution rather than brand new. The GS may even be older not sure in any event both need to be improved and completely refreshed. The RC to my mind is fundamentally flawed too heavy and not up to the competition in terms of overall appeal - should focus on the LC. The RC has been a very slow seller.
If the Tesla figures are factual as indicated in this thread then they have done well and surely other manufacturers need to investigate this drain of their traditional sales - have read of several quite serious problems with Tesla? Porsche have announced in South Africa that their electric model will be available in 2019 and the Audi is already here. Where is Lexus?

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I wouldn't take current Tesla sales estimates as meaning anything about when Lexus or anyone else needs to offer EVs. The current Tesla customer base looks on non-Tesla EVs with even more disdain than they do ICE vehicles.