7th Generation (2019+) Lexus ES (250, 260, 300h, 350) Megathread

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
That is indeed good news regarding the pricing - especially for the hybrid, which will be the main version sold here in Europe (do we even get it with other engine choices?).
My understanding is that it'll be hybrid-only in most if not all Western European markets. Any non-hybrid ES models will primarily be sold in some Eastern European markets such as Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and Kazakhstan. Not sure what Turkey and Israel are doing about hybrid vs non-hybrid, but I do know that those also fall under the aegis of Lexus Europe.

Reactions
My understanding is that it'll be hybrid-only in most if not all Western European markets. Any non-hybrid ES models will primarily be sold in some Eastern European markets such as Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and Kazakhstan. Not sure what Turkey and Israel are doing about hybrid vs non-hybrid, but I do know that those also fall under the aegis of Lexus Europe.

Lexus Turkey will only offer the hybrid which won't sell since 2.5 litre engines fall in a higher tax category. Wish they could implement the 2.0 turbo which my RX has on the new ES.

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
krew

Lexus USA Announces 2019 ES 350 & ES 300h Pricing
18-07-27-lexus-es-300h.jpg

View the original article post

I'm not going to bother posting out on FB where ignorant trolls sit in their Spider Man undies waiting to spit fire from their keyboard, but...

It GALLS me how ignorant these multiple haters are with their tired "overpriced Camry" and "Avalon is cheaper" stupidity.

The ES is not a Camry. It's a Lexus upgrade to an Avalon. Which WE know. Some posting on FB then rants on how the Avalon will "always be cheaper".

In appearance? YES. In design? YES. In plastic everywhere you don't want it to be? YES. The new 75% black plastic catfish mouth Avalon front fascia bears no resemblance to the ES350.

It's a losing battle to engage with these brain dead wastes of space, but as a current (2018) and past (2015, 2013, 2006) ES driver, I love my car and its luxury feel.
It gets attention most everywhere I drive and park it (impossible to ignore Matador Red Mica) and I consistently receive compliments.
Toyota offers nothing close to this color. If I were driving a Camry, nobody would notice outside of driving something so common.
My slanted POV when I see an Avalon XSE or XLE is "you coulda/ shoulda bought the Lexus". And the numbers back my words.

I always thought the ES350 would be perfect with an F Sport variant. And now it's here.

And same goes for pauper can't afford but still type hater comments on FWD. And?!? I had a 2008, 2010, 2012 F Sport, 2014 and 2015 F Sport IS250 and I'd rather have the ES's HP advantage over the IS's RWD.

I've driven the GS350 several times as a loaner and its too big and drivers horrible gas mileage. The proof is in the numbers once again. Japan thought so much of the ES that they redesigned it and added an F Sport variant. NOBODY is talking about killing the ES. GS? Nothing official but the rumors of its demise persist and Lexus isn't doing much to dispel them.

I'm not 60, I'm not in a nursing home, I've driven MB E350, Audi A6 for extended periods of time and I always come back to Lexus.

They get "it" and "it" is what I pay for every month. There's not a damn thing wrong with the ES. It's the backbone of Lexus car sales for a reason.

ThePenguin

Follower
Reactions
I drove the 2019 ES F-Sport and ESh last week and they're fantastic. The Apple Carplay and Amazon Alexa integration works flawlessly and the driving dynamics of the F-Sport are phenomenal. It truly doesn't feel like a FWD vehicle through a high-speed slalom.

I was told that the vehicles I drove were early prototypes, so the Ultra Luxury vehicle I drove had a pano roof and Levinson, but no manual side rear window shades or front passenger memory seats. The only thing I didn't like about the new ES was that the large cupholder on the driver's side of the center console doesn't have a lid, so it's always open. It doesn't look premium. Other than that, the fit and finish overall is fantastic. It's an awesome vehicle.

ThePenguin

Follower
Reactions
I thought I attached a picture to my last post, but I guess I didn't. Here you go :)

30018661618_7f206c6b25_c.jpg

One thing about the design is that the beltline is extremely low; the top of the trunk slants down more than pictures allude to. It looks great but I noticed that the opening of the trunk is rather small height-wise, leaving you SOL if you need to transport something a bit tall but too wide to rotate. Of course I'm just nit-picking here, but something to consider.

Neezy216

Fan
Reactions
Thanks for sharing your experience @ThePenguin !

I was able to place an order at one of my Lexus dealerships (SoCal). They said order forms are slowly trickling out to the dealers. No deposit has been placed yet...My dealership is going to let me know, within the next day or so, if my special request can be accommodated since availability will be limited during the initial rollout.

Request: Fully loaded ES 300h model (I specified certain things I wanted based on the pictures I saw and the resource below) - Obsidian exterior, Chateau interior with any wood trim.

Resource: https://northparklexusatdominion.wordpress.com/2018/07/27/2019-lexus-es-pricing/

Last edited:

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
One thing about the design is that the beltline is extremely low.
And that, I'd say, is a very good thing, effects on trunk height notwithstanding.

I'd also say it appears to be a characteristic of Toyota's TNGA-K architecture. One of the first things I noticed about the latest Camry when it debuted just over a year ago was the curved dip in the beltline just behind the A-pillar that makes the greenhouse and side windows taller. A common styling trick starting in the 1970s but lost amidst the current claustrophobic squished greenhouse look popularized by the reborn Chrysler 300 and Chevrolet Camaro (among others), I was happy to see its return and the common-sense encore of taller side windows.