Jeremy Clarkson Reviews the Lexus GS F

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
16-03-08-lexus-gs-f-jeremy-clarkson.jpg

Strap yourself in and prepare for a wild ride, Lexus enthusiasts.
View the original article post

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Wow after motor trend having a totally biased article Jermey Clarkson comes in to save the day! Of course it's quite weird to hear him say anything positive about Lexus I will take it as a win. I mean GSF over an M5 is not something you hear every day coming from car guys...or ever...

mikeavelli

Reactions
I'm surprised that JC actually liked the car, since he totally slammed the RC F in a comparison with the M4 in a Top Gear episode.
[/MEDIA]

In my brief time in the GS F it is the better driving car to the RC F... I've said it since day one Lexus NAILED the GS platform and drive. It's one of the best all around cars at any price.

The GS F ups that ante and the price. Seems JC thinks it's pretty damn good.

RAL

Reactions
Amazing ... he thinks it's good :neutral: although he did like the LFA too!

Last edited:

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
I always wonder how awesome a second gen ISF would be if Lexus ever decides to make one.....especially against the M3
Same! The new IS already looks incredibly handsome too, the reason the IS 250 and 350 F Sport are selling so well, and everyone would prefer it's looks over the normal looking M3.

Welcome to Lexus Enthusiast btw!

With all the praise that the GS F and RC F receives, a new IS F should be a no-brainer.

Last edited by a moderator:

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
Wow, was not expecting that going into the article. Solid review, glad to see the GS F continuing to get praise.

In my brief time in the GS F it is the better driving car to the RC F... I've said it since day one Lexus NAILED the GS platform and drive. It's one of the best all around cars at any price.

The GS F ups that ante and the price. Seems JC thinks it's pretty damn good.

Love to hear more on your opinions since you've driven both of them. What is it about the GS that makes it a better driving car? overall chassis?

Same! The new IS already looks incredibly handsome too, the reason the IS 250 and 350 F Sport are selling so well, and everyone would prefer it's looks over the normal looking M3.

With all the praise that the GS F and RC F receives, a new IS F should be a no-brainer.

An IS F on the 3IS platform would be great! I think the design would be a huge hit with how aggressive the F Sport package already is

Reactions
Yes Clarkson!! GS F for the win but I hate it's look, doesn't look as sexy as the RC F. I'd take the TMG Sports 650 over the GS F if that ever comes into production.

Reactions
I have to say that the IS F Sports are the best looking compact sports sedans, and the best looking Lexus sedans, in my eyes. The portion is just right, and lines are flowing beautifully. It is a feat for small cars.

However, I feel that Lexus intentionally made it less refined and skimp on some details (try not to steal too many sales from its bigger brothers?). And, I don't think that there will be a IS-F for this gen.

SteVVT-i

Fan
Reactions

an ISF would make no sense at this point. Performance wise, the GSF is what the ISF should have been. do we really need a 3rd "467 V8 sub 5sec performance vehicle" in the F lineup? unless Lexus makes the ISF a Turbo 6 or something, itll just be another rehash of the GSF and RCF

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
an ISF would make no sense at this point. Performance wise, the GSF is what the ISF should have been. do we really need a 3rd "467 V8 sub 5sec performance vehicle" in the F lineup? unless Lexus makes the ISF a Turbo 6 or something, itll just be another rehash of the GSF and RCF

I disagree. The IS F was the pioneer for Lexus, the first F model. A second-gen IS F... that's what the RC F should have been. In other words, Lexus should have delivered a 2nd-gen IS F, before considering an RC F. Due to this and a few other reasons, RC F sales are under-performing, the hype just isn't there, and it's a bit of an awkward model, even though I personally like many things about it. Lexus disappointed myself (as well as many other fans) by releasing an RC F instead of a new IS F. Still no IS F in sight for the future.

I get what you're saying about the GS F, but the fact of the matter is, the GS F is first of all too expensive for many people, and some prefer the more nimble dimensions of the IS. I'm a huge GS fan, but I personally cannot see myself getting a GS F, as it is priced too high. Maybe if I ever become rich, otherwise no.

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
Personally, I am not jumping for joy reading this article, because I don't really care about the opinion of Clarkson. He's a comic, his articles are fun to read, thanks to his English humour overloaded with extreme opinions. But there is no automotive value at all in my eyes. In general, he fundamentally dislikes every Lexus on the market. The only exceptions are the icon LFA and now apparently also the GS F.
I agree of course that the GS F is a splendid car, but I also believe that it is not miles away from the equally splendid RC F. Which was completely killed by Clarkson earlier. As any other Lexus, for that matter.
So: indeed nice to read rather quickly and to delete quickly after as well ;)

Travis

Fan
Reactions
Bravo Lexus !

Keep up the good work ! Always improving this GSF is a great drivers sedan for sure