The US-spec 2015 Lexus IS has been announced, and there’s been some minor updates to the second-year sedan:
- LED fog lamps
- Siri Eyes Free technology from Apple; compatible with iPhone 4S and iPhone 5 models
- AWD models gets heated steering wheel
- Heated/ventilated front seats added to F SPORT
- Revised interior trim, including piano black on window switches and instrument panel
- New Stratus Gray interior replaces Light Gray
- Backup monitor adds dynamic grid lines to aid parking maneuvers
- Available Lexus Enform Remote app
Of all the updates, the new Lexus Enform Remote smartphone app is the most impressive — from the press release:
…the Lexus IS models add the advanced Lexus Enform Remote (one-year trial subscription included), which allows the owner to remotely view and control certain vehicle features using a mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
Key features include remote door lock/unlock; remote stop/start for the engine and climate control; vehicle finder, guest driver monitor and more.