The first production Lexus LFAs have arrived in North America, and Club Lexus editor Flipside909 was there to see them “unboxed” from their cargo containers — tuns out it’s quite the production:
- Each LFA ships in its own clean container with a pink painted metal pallet designed specifically to secure the car during transport.
- Each LFA pallet is sent back to Japan after use to transport the next shipment of cars. 5 can be stacked at one time.
- The LFA is not covered in exterior plastic during transport. This is to ensure proper paint curing from the time it leaves the Motomachi Plant to its final destination.
- It takes about 7-10 days (weather permitting) for an LFA to ship from the port in Japan to the Port of Long Beach.
- All US bound LFAs will only go through Toyota’s facilities at the Port of Long Beach for de-vanning of the shipping container.
- Each LFA will be delivered by a special Lexus transporter to the new owner’s preferred Lexus dealer.
Without further adieu, here are the first three North American LFAs:
#003 Metallic Silver on Red
#006 LFA: Whitest White on Red
#026 LFA Black on Black
(Have to say, that Black on Black LFA is probably my favorite color combination yet — it’s hardly practical for the daily grind, but then the LFA is hardly practical driver to begin with.)
[Source: Kaizen Factor]