By way of Chinese website Sohu, here’s a sneak peek at what’s just may be the 2011 Lexus IS:
There’s plenty of tweaks here:
- The LED daytime running lights first seen on the 2010 LS have been incorporated into the headlights.
- The steering wheel will be getting some new accents, and a chrome strip has been added above the glovebox.
- The new wheel pattern has a similar look to the LFA’s design.
- The fog lights have been redesigned along with the bumper inset.
- The tail lights have been reworked.
All in all, it’s a subtle update bringing the IS more in-line with the updates received throughout the lineup. I’m really liking the LED headlight design, and the new wheels are top-notch.
The last IS update happened in the 2009 model year, so if this minor facelift proves to be legitimate, it would suggest that the current IS will remain in the lineup until 2012 — which would certainly fit with the idea that the next-generation GS will be in the 2011 spotlight.
Update: Turns out Adaptive Cruise Control is already available in most markets — I’ve updated the post to reflect that.
[Source: XCar.com.cn] (Thanks Youyou!)