Details on the 2010 Lexus LX 570 have been announced by way of a Lexus Canada press release, and as expected, changes are minimal. Four new features have been added:
- The latest generation of the Lexus Voice-Activated, Hard Disc-based Navigation System
- A USB audio input connection
- The Lexus customizable settings system
- Privacy glass for the rear hatch
I’m curious about whether the latest version of the non-Remote Touch system will also have the new natural-language voice activation, and the customizable settings system sounds interesting. More details as I get them.
The full press release, including the changes to the standard and Ultra-Premium packages, is after the jump.
(TORONTO) – Confident and smooth performance, a go-anywhere attitude and distinctive luxury and comfort are hallmarks of the Lexus LX series full-size luxury SUV – and the 2010 Lexus LX570 delivers more of what Canadians love about this vehicle, with additional luxury appointments, entertainment now included as standard equipment, and new available safety features. Available in a choice of two trim levels, the LX570 delivers full-size luxury that is both refined and outgoing for up to eight travellers.
“This year, we add advanced safety systems and intuitive comfort and entertainment features informed by Lexus L finesse design philosophy to enhance the ultimate full-size luxury SUV,” said Larry Hutchinson, Director of Lexus in Canada. “The 2010 Lexus LX570 delivers even more perfect moments to drivers who desire a no-compromise, ultra-capable, luxury SUV because they know the journey is just as important as the destination.”
New to the 2010 model year, all Lexus LX570 models are now standard equipped with the following enhancements to make the journey that much more luxurious, intuitive and entertaining:
· The latest generation of the Lexus Voice-Activated, Hard Disc-based Navigation System;
· A USB audio input connection;
· The Lexus customizable settings system;
· Privacy glass for the rear hatch.
All 2010 LX570 drivers enjoy full size power and performance, delivered by a power train engineered to the highest Lexus standards:
· A powerful yet efficient 5.7L V8 that delivers smooth responsive performance – up to 383 horsepower and up to 403 lb-ft of torque – and a Tier 2 Bin 5 emissions rating.
· A fuel consumption rating of 17.1L/100km in the city and 11.4L/100km on the highway with a Tier 2 Bin 5 emissions rating.
· A highly-efficient six-speed automatic super ECT transmission for ultra-smooth shifts, robust acceleration across a broad speed range.
· Full-time four-wheel drive for the ultimate in driving confidence.
What’s more, all 2010 Lexus LX570 models tame the open road and embrace off-roading in all weather and surface conditions. Drivers and passengers benefit from a full suite of handling, control and safety technologies, including:
· Vehicle Stability Control
· Active Traction Control
· Crawl Control
· Multi-terrain ABS
· 10 airbags
· Halogen headlights featuring the Lexus adaptive front lighting system and automatic headlamp system
The 2010 LXseries is available in two editions:
• The 2010 Lexus LX570, with a suggested starting price of $89,250, is generously equipped with comfort, convenience and luxury features. In addition to those already listed, these include: a nine-speaker audio system with six-disc CD changer, MP3/WMA audio capability; the Lexus Automatic Sound Levelizer system; Bluetooth® capability and roof mounted XM Satellite Radio® antenna; perforated leather seat surfaces; cruise control; integrated garage door opener; plenty of smart in-cabin storage, including front centre console box, front seat back pockets and overhead sunglass storage; LED map lamps; and more.*
Additionally, for 2010, this model includes the following upgraded safety, luxury and convenience features as standard: 20-inch aluminum alloy wheels with P285/50R20 tires; front and rear clearance sonar; power rear door with jam protection; the Lexus wide-view front and side monitor system; wood and leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob; heated and air conditioned front seats; heated 2nd row outboard seats; the wallet-sized Lexus Smart Key Card.
• The 2010 Lexus LX570 with Ultra Premium Package, with a suggested starting price of $99,800, enhances an already great go-anywhere full-size luxury SUV with additional luxury, safety and convenience features. These include: a 450-watt Mark Levinson Reference Surround Sound Audio System with six-disc DVD changer and 19 speakers in a 7.1 channel architecture; a rear seat DVD entertainment system with a 9″ power LCD screen, two sets of wireless headphones and an audio/DVD remote control; the Lexus Pre-Collision System; dynamic radar cruise control; premium leather seat surfaces; a front console cool box; special African Bubinga Wood trim; a unique alloy wheel finish; and illuminated “Lexus” scuff plates.
The 2010 Lexus LX570 is now on sale across Canada.