Reactions
I’m jealous that they get the Land Cruiser J300 overseas because personally I feel it’s a superior design than the LX we have in the U.S.

The J300 interior is attractive, designed functionally well without the two screens LX requires, which to me screams afterthought. Not good on a flagship especially when you’re running the outdated infotainment system. The J300 front grille is bold, commands attention without looking controversial. You lose some sophistication on the LX standard grille.

I would not have had any problems if they slapped a Lexus badge and “lexified” the J300 a bit with upscale materials such as alcantara and massage seats, rather than spend tons of money on R&D to give us the LX in its current state.

In Los Angeles I can count on seeing a X7 or GLE/GLS at least once a day, usually several times. I can count on one hand how many LXs I’ve seen in the wild since it’s been available. I bet that number would be higher if we had a Lexified J300.

I have to disagree. The LC 300 interior may be functional, but it would be extremely out of place in a $100k vehicle in the US. The LC interior is much nicer than the LC300 interior. I think the LX looks pretty good from outside with the appearance package or F Sport grille.