Woman Attempts to Steal Lexus Three Times in One Day.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Hope this isn't a repost..........I did a forum/topic search and didn't see it.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ree-times-at-same-dealership-on-same-day.html

She may be a criminal, but you have to commend Debra Long on her taste and determination.

Apparently Long is also a big fan of the phrase “third time’s the charm,” because the 54-year-old has been accused of trying to steal three different Lexus models on three separate trips to the same dealership in the same day.

On June 24, Long took possession of a $53,000 Lexus that had just been delivered to North Park Lexus in San Antonio, Texas, according to KSAT. She was driving off the lot, presumably, when employees realized what was going on, and approached Long to ask her what she was doing. At that point, Long ran away. But not for long.

About an hour later, Long returned to the dealership, and tried to get into a car at the service department. Another employee approached her, and again she ran away.

That afternoon, at a storage facility used by the dealership, Long showed up again. Employees noticed some keys were missing, then they saw Long standing in front of the Lexus the keys belonged to. They approached her, and she ran off again, but this time Long hopped into another Lexus on the lot and tried to drive away. One of the employees stood in front of the car to prevent her from doing so.

Long ran off towards a local apartment complex. She was detained by the authorities and brought in on outstanding warrants charges. She was later charged with vehicle theft.

There’s much to glean from this tale. Like the fact that Lexus employees in San Antonio seem to be very dedicated. Or that Long seems to really, really want a Lexus. Or that Long had this particular dealership scoped out and she wasn’t going to let a little thing like getting caught get in the way of her master plan.

Last edited:

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
yiFFb_sapd-woman-tries-to-steal-3-cars-in-s....jpg.220x0_q85_autocrop_crop-smart_upscale.jpg

She sure looks older than 54 to me. I have some hunches why, but, without knowing for sure, maybe it's best not to speculate.

Last edited:

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
This made me think of the key cabinet my dealer has that although has a keypad, i've easily seen staff punch in the code. It's unnerving but I believe it's temporary while the dealer is undergoing a major showroom expansion.

Reactions
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...an-tried-to-steal-three-cars-from-6368818.php
SAN ANTONIO — A woman police say tried to steal three vehicles from a North Side Lexus dealership on the same day was arrested last week.

Deborah Long, 54, faces charges of robbery and theft.

Long was taken into custody on June 29, five days after she allegedly stole a gray 2015 Lexus RX350 from the North Park Lexus Dealership, according to an arrest warrant affidavit. The document, however, says she didn’t stop there.

Employees of the dealership first spotted Long driving the stolen vehicle around 9 a.m. on Lockhill Selma Road, the affidavit said, adding that when the employees approach Long, she took off on foot.

An hour later, Long was again spotted at the dealership, 611 Lockhill Selma Rd., getting into vehicles parked at the service center, according to the report.

Another employee approached her to see what was going on and she took off again, the document stated.

Around 3 p.m. the same day, employees noticed that the keys to a red Lexus RX350 were missing.

Then, at 5:45 p.m., Long was once again spotted at a North Park Lexus vehicle storage facility at 9631 San Pedro Avenue standing next to the red Lexus and digging in her purse, according to the document.

The report said when employees approached Long a third time, she made a dash for a black 2015 Lexus IS250, hopped in and started it up.

This time, however, employees were able to box her in to prevent her from stealing the vehicle.

The employees demanded the keys to the vehicle, which ended up falling out of Long’s purse as she ran from the scene on foot into an apartment complex, the document said.

Long is currently being held at the Bexar County Jail. Her bond has been set at $50,000.
Apparently she likes RXs and ISs...

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
With the amount of fuel kept in some of the cars on dealer-lots (I often see it at or below the yellow/orange fuel-warning light), she might not have gotten very far without having to stop for gas (or simply run out). And, by then, local and possibly State police would have been notified and have an APB out.

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
It's hard to avoid the obvious given that photo but if someone that disheveled was seen lurking at a Lexus dealer, she should have been approached immediately.
That's not a typical Lexus customer in my experience.
I'd definitely question the security protocol and sales managers and lot attendants if it's that easy to obtain keys. The dealer I've purchased six of my eight Lexus from leaves no doors unlocked unless you're in the showroom. That's crazy....