What was your first Lexus, what Lexus have you owned and what Lexus will you get next?

Reactions
Have been a solid Lexus fan for over 20 years. After enjoyable but oh-too-soon challenging ownership of a BMW3, BMW5 and an Audi4...I found Lexus!!
1992 SC400, 1996 GS400, 2000 IS Sportback, 2002 SC430 and a recent RX350.
Now ready to say good bye to my old fave, the SC430 and welcome an Ultra White, Red interior 2015 RC F!!!

Reactions
image.jpg My first Lexus was the RX350 when it first came out in Australia in 2006 ... Kept that until the RX450h came out and bought one of the first delivered to Australian in silver... Then in October last year got myself the NX300h with every option available in Australia ;)

I think my next will be an RC 350 (F would be nice) as a second Lexus :)

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
View attachment 145 My first Lexus was the RX350 when it first came out in Australia in 2006 ... Kept that until the RX450h came out and bought one of the first delivered to Australian in silver... Then in October last year got myself the NX300h with every option available in Australia ;)

I think my next will be an RC 350 (F would be nice) as a second Lexus :)

Including the surround view panoramic monitor ;)

14-09-09-lexus-nx-surround-view-camera.jpg

Integress

Fan
Reactions
This is an awesome thread :)

The first Lexus that caught my eye was the second gen IS. My brother bought one in 2006 in black and I loved how it looked. I got my Integra back in high school (which I still have), and leased a Corolla as a daily driver in 2005. I leased a Scion tC in 2006, another tC in 2007, then ordered my first IS in 2008. I traded the 08 IS for a '11 F Sport IS and then traded that one for my current '14 IS Fsport.

I will say, last year I was heavily considering the Mercedes CLA45 AMG or the Audi S3, as I do really enjoy the way those vehicles drive. But, after visiting a few Mercedes and Audi dealers, I experienced generally poor service (Guess I don't really look like a serious buyer?) and realized that features like push start or homelink which are basically standard on Lexus models at this point, are extra cost options on the german cars I checked out! I didn't care much for the plain looking interior on the S3 even though it drove wonderfully, so I crossed that off my list. Then, I found....let's just say "less than optimal" reviews on the CLA 250. I figured if the 250 was subpar, then it's more expensive 45AMG version may share similar issues and stepped back from the Mercedes as well. (I won't lie though, I still love the way it drives :oops:)

Sooo, the next car for me is now most definitely the RCF. Still working on which wheel color to go with this time around, but I'm thinking along the lines of Copper, Rose Gold, or an Orange colour. Decisions decisions! 3 ISes.jpg rccopperv2 (1).jpg

Reactions
Have been a solid Lexus fan for over 20 years. After enjoyable but oh-too-soon challenging ownership of a BMW3, BMW5 and an Audi4...I found Lexus!!
1992 SC400, 1996 GS400, 2000 IS Sportback, 2002 SC430 and a recent RX350.
Now ready to say good bye to my old fave, the SC430 and welcome an Ultra White, Red interior 2015 RC F!!!
Hey, that's one Sweet SC 430 you have there! Please let me know if you are selling, my old man has been in the market for over 2 years now and these babies are so hard to come by. We are located in South Western Ontario., Thanks

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Sooo, the next car for me is now most definitely the RCF. Still working on which wheel color to go with this time around, but I'm thinking along the lines of Copper, Rose Gold, or an Orange colour. Decisions decisions!
rccopperv2-1-jpg.169

Oh my goodness --super!

mikeavelli

Reactions
I just realized this was a 3 part question and I answered two parts in two different posts lol....

Reactions
We are on our 20th Lexus. 3 SC, 1 ES, 2 LS, 1 CT, 5 GS, 1 LX 450, 3LX 570, 1 GX, 1 RX 350, 2 RX 450. I can't remember all the years. Favorites are current 2015 GS 350 f sport, previous CT, and LX 570.

Reactions
We are on our 20th Lexus. 3 SC, 1 ES, 2 LS, 1 CT, 5 GS, 1 LX 450, 3LX 570, 1 GX, 1 RX 350, 2 RX 450. I can't remember all the years. Favorites are current 2015 GS 350 f sport, previous CT, and LX 570.
Sorry - I didn't answer the questions! First one was a 1993 dark green SC 300 with gold package. (Green with gold package seems a bit too garish now but in style then.) Loved the organic look. Next one we get will probably be the next generation LS. Hope the f sport version of the next LS will shrink around me like our current GS f sport. Test drove a used LS f sport before buying current GS f sport. LS felt a little too soft and awkward to me compared to the GS.

Reactions
It all started back in '81...LOL..with a brand spanking new 1981 Tercel - Silver 4 spd with black factory pin stripping. From that moment on, I was hooked! Our family then bought a '83 Landcruiser Diesel..what a beast! I have owned many a Toyota since that time, but the first Lex came when I sold my soul back in 2005 for a first Gen IS300 - 5spd. Love this ride, and still own it today! With under 10 K kms, she doesn't see the light of day much, especially with our very long winters and crappy roads, however she is a real blast to own and drive...Engineering Amazing!! Moving forward, I am absolutely in love with the new NX 2oot FSport in Atomic Silver! In fact, I have to convince myself daily NOT to sell my soul for a second time and continue to enjoy the daily driver which is a Gen 2 Rav4 Limited 5 spd. Perhaps just before the Gen 2 NX is released.....

Reactions
2005 Lexus RX330
2010Lexus RX350
2015Lexus IS250 F Sport
Future car will be Lexus RC350 F Sports