Lexus CT What do you want in a new CT 200h?

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
There is a lot of speculation on a new CT being introduced next year. While the new Prius, which provides the engine/motor for the CT, is supposed to offer a 15 percent improvement in mileage, I would like to see more for the CT, including:

• At least one upgrade engine option for more power - a CT 250h or 300h CT F
  • A plug-in option or, even better plug-in as standard
  • No low rolling resistance tires for the F Sport for better handling
  • A "luxury" edition with some of the higher end options the Europeans get
Or, is everyone happy with the CT remaining pretty much "as is"?

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
I wish we got the standard tinted factory windows like they do in Europe and Asia. Also Mark Levinson. :D

IMG_6570-XL.jpg

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I agree I find little to complain about my CT as well. It would be very nice if Lexus were to expand the CT line so more people will consider a CT such as a CT 200t or CT 300h. I love the mpg's I'm getting and since it's a smaller size, washing my CT is a breeze...

Lasse J. Nordvik

Follower
Reactions
I don't think the CT is under-powered,but it can easily handle more power,so a CT 300h would be nice. One thing I'd like to see as an option on not just the CT,but all models that currently don't have it: passenger seat memory.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Plug-In option is a great idea.
Fake IS-F engine sound or blow off valve through speaker like the NX F-sport and the RC model...lol. That would be awesome.

It's ridiculous, but I really wish there was some sound piped in to reduce the acceleration whine. Fake or otherwise, doesn't matter.

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
I'd really like to see a 300h. It'd be perfect IMO. 40 mpg in the ES with 200hp. With almost 500 less lbs to move and being tuned a little more aggressively, I wouldn't be surprised to see it crack mid 6 second 0-60 times while still returning over 40 mpg in the CT.

Then the base engine could be whatever new system debuts in the Prius, presumably returning 50 mpg in the CT.
A 200t just seems inevitable. Helps spread out the cost of that 2.0 turbo while gaining, what I predict, would be a good amount of new buyers.
Add in the new E Four AWD from the NX and the CT will look like a very flexible option.

While I'm making wishes, I'd like it to grow a bit as well. I think its about 171 inches now....175-177 would make me happy.

nabbun

Premium Member
Reactions
CT300h. CT200T. CT-F with the 2GR-FE. Mark Levinson. Google Maps. Android auto/Apple car play. HID/LED projectors.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Time is a ticking. Curious to see if the next generation CT will be 2016 or 2017? Either way please bring more CT variants such as a CT 200t, CT 300h and maybe a CT F...

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
I thought of another feature - a power hatch would make my wife very happy.
Yep, nice feature, even if the back door is not very heavy. Such nice detail features would set apart the CT much more from the competition...
I remember that the first pre-production show car on the Geneva Motor Show even showed power assisted closing doors (like on the LS)! :cool:
Anyway, a lot of features just didn't make it into production for perfectly understandable cost reasons, but even in the very small details: the first model year CT had simple bulb lights for the license plate compared to the LED's of the other Lexus models. Same goes for the centre dash console illumination, which is still in an old fashion cheaper green instead of the more modern white...

As far as I am concerned, this is my personal top wish list: CT 200t, CT 300h, height adjustable front passenger seat, 18" wheels, better quality feel when opening or closing the rear doors, better suspension comfort. What they should really not change: the excellent front seating comfort and driving position, stitched leather parts on dash and console, the original overall design (the current F SPORT with its spindle grill is just awesome).

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
Just a thought, but if there is a next get CT200t, I wonder how it's priced. The current CT200h is 31k. Most of Lexus' vehicles with hybrid counterparts are priced anywhere from 2k to 13k higher, ignoring the LS600h. Most provide comparable performance (LS,GS,RX) while the others offer slightly less (ES,NX). NX, being the closest example with only a turbo and hybrid powertrain, has a 5k difference between the two models. The CT is a little different, as the turbo should handily (assuming 235hp/258tq) be in the 5 or 6 sec range on 0-60 time, leaving behind the 10 sec CT200h. Would this be the first instance where the hybrid is cheaper than the gasoline version?

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
The 2016 CT's are out so 2017 should be the 2CT debut. One more year to wait and see what Lexus has in store for the beloved CT. Please Lexus expand the CT line...