Video: The 2016 Lexus RX in Traffic

RAL

Reactions
Our Lexus sales/leasing consultant said they are being told the typical RX (US market) will increase $6k for 2016 model over comparably equipped 2015.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Our Lexus sales/leasing consultant said they are being told the typical RX (US market) will increase $6k for 2016 model over comparably equipped 2015.

Given the huge leap that the new RX seems to be, as well as the fairly low base price the current RX has, this is a reasonable increase. That increase would make it clearly differentiated price-wise to the NX.

TripleL

Premium Member
Reactions
Really liking the new RX! Interior looks especially good to my eyes. When I read the passing comments on the turn signals in this thread it made me flashback (pardon the pun :D ) to an old article from autoblog about them.

The problem, according to Automotive News, is that the individual lighting elements are too small to meet current US safety regulations. The rule states that each lamp should be 22 square centimeters (8.6 square inches) and the whole lighted combined area must be 50 square centimeters (19.6 square inches). In the individual sequence, Audi's lights are much smaller than that. As for the Ford Mustang, which has had sequential turn signals since 2010, this system is legal since the first lens is large enough to meet the required size, so the other two lights really aren't even necessary.

I wonder if this has been resolved yet? OK trivial point concerning taillights but still :)

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/30/audi-pushing-dot-to-legalize-turn-signals-video/

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Really liking the new RX! Interior looks especially good to my eyes. When I read the passing comments on the turn signals in this thread it made me flashback (pardon the pun :D ) to an old article from autoblog about them.

I wonder if this has been resolved yet? OK trivial point concerning taillights but still :)

Source: http://www.autoblog.com/2013/09/30/audi-pushing-dot-to-legalize-turn-signals-video/

much more important is new advanced front lighting system that turns off individual led's to not blind cars coming in.... always keep in mind that Lexus is engineered for USA, so I suspect both of these features will be in US spec vehicles.

Reactions
Hi Tinhinnh
Any chance your could e-mail me a copy of your brochure.
I'd really like to see it.

Thanks

Terry

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Nice video. :) I see, in Japan, they mark the overhead road signs with both Japanese and Western characters, which is a goo feature.

I agree with the interesting turn-signal comments. They appear to be (more or less) modern LED versions of the old sequential-type that were first offered on mid-late 60s Thunderbirds (my late father once owned one), late-60s Mercury Cougars, and once again on recent Mustangs.

The rear end of the new RX looks decent (actually better than the front end, which IMO is too busy-looking), though I don't particularly care for the way they did the D-pillars.

Last edited: