Video: Listen to the Lexus GS F's 467 Horsepower V8 Engine

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-04-13-lexus-f-badge-engine-400x200.jpg

The Lexus Forum in the Netherlands has some new video of the Ultra White Lexus GS F revving its engine, and it sounds like a monster.
View the original article post

Reactions: CIF

Homecinemax

Premium Member
Reactions
gosh.... that is a beautiful sound!! Cannot wait to hear it accelerate on an open road.

Reactions
Aww it won't let you rev passed 5k RPM when in Park =(

I would have loved to hear it hit that 7,300 RPM redline!

Reactions
Anyone noticed the navi? It looks like the newer RX's version
Sounds good, wish it was revved to 7200 rpm

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Aww it won't let you rev passed 5k RPM when in Park =(

I would have loved to hear it hit that 7,300 RPM redline!

xinorin said:
Sounds good, wish it was revved to 7200 rpm

From the video, it looks like it had an electronically-variable tach that adjusts the redline according to engine/oil/coolant temperature and ambient conditions. They got in and started it up when the engine was (apparently) cold...and brand-new, un-broken in. So, naturally, the tach wasn't going to let it go to 7300.

mikeavelli

Reactions
This one's for you LexFather! :)

Its dreamy!! I need to figure out exactly how to get the first one :D.

It seems the exhaust system is very restrictive on the RC F, an Apexi exhaust has gotten over 30hp gains on the dyno. So BOOM you then have a 500hp RC F/GS F. I'm really looking forward to owning it and modifying it for it to really reach maximum potential.

My hunch is the GS F will of course be beat up a bit for being low on power but the overall steering/brakes/handling will be best in class. The GS chassis is one of my favorites of any car at any price, its that good.

Reactions
Question:
why the lights are not the same as this GS-F : http://images.thecarconnection.com/med/2016-lexus-gs-f-live-photos-2015-detroit-auto-show_100497365_m.jpg

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
The white version is equipped with the standard LED front lights, whereas the blue one has the optional 3 LED with auto high beam (comparable to RC F, also pictured with two different types . Will depend on the different markets what is available as standard or optional equipment. Bear in mind that these cars are still pre-production versions.

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
467 =( so under powered, and just short of the M5,E-Class AMG.
Before judging the car, I would first like to feel the driving capacity both on road and on track, knowing that the GS F will be lighter than its competitors and will be equipped with the TVD. Just like the RC F, it could well be the best compromise between on road day-to-day driving and an occasional fun trip to the track. Maximum horsepower isn't the only factor in the overall capacity of a car.

PTien

Fan
Reactions
Alcantara around the gauge cluster. Nice touch.

Just wish it was at the 500hp mark. Let's face it, to a buyer in this segment, it'll matter

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Alcantara around the gauge cluster. Nice touch.

Just wish it was at the 500hp mark. Let's face it, to a buyer in this segment, it'll matter

I'm sure it matters to some buyers, but not all. I'm also fairly confident there has been an uptapped market up until this point, of people who have wanted a high performance prestige luxury midsize sedan, but also with high reliability. The Lexus GS F is poised to be the first to deliver on this. We shall see in the near future how many buyers the GS F gets, despite not having the "marketing special" 500hp mark.

PTien

Fan
Reactions
I'm sure it matters to some buyers, but not all. I'm also fairly confident there has been an uptapped market up until this point, of people who have wanted a high performance prestige luxury midsize sedan, but also with high reliability. The Lexus GS F is poised to be the first to deliver on this. We shall see in the near future how many buyers the GS F gets, despite not having the "marketing special" 500hp mark.

Maybe you are right, I hope Lexus can hit a home run with this car. However, I don't think Lexus ever intended the GSF to be a high volume vehicle (and I don't think it'll be priced to be), I think the intention is to be a halo 4 door sedan for the brand. That I think we can all agree on.

My confusion with the GSF is, if its suppose to be a halo vehicle, why position the GSF below the main competitors in some of the most valued purchase reasons for a vehicle in this segment?

Also I'm not sure what you mean by "high reliability". I agree that the German engines have higher maintenance cost but I'm not sure if they are less reliable if proper maintenance is done. And I'm not sure someone spending 80-100K for a performance sedan is overly concerned with cost of ownership, to a point of course.