VIDEO: 2018 Lexus Dealer Meeting Notes (Vehicles 2019 - 2022)

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
@Joaquin Ruhi i found this tidbit from Autocar, surely from lexus uk

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/lexus-aiming-uk-sales-boost-es-saloon-ux-crossover

I know you like to speculate on new models, so speculate away!
:blush::grinning: You know me quite well, don't you?

I'm actually quite surprised by that quote. To my knowledge (and per info previously posted here by Carmaker1), unless LC F, LC convertible or LS F are launched by the end of 2019, the only news expected by then is the just-launched RC facelift and mid-life refreshes for RX and GX (with the latter not even sold in most of Europe).

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
:blush::grinning: You know me quite well, don't you?

I'm actually quite surprised by that quote. To my knowledge (and per info previously posted here by Carmaker1), unless LC F, LC convertible or LS F are launched by the end of 2019, the only news expected by then is the just-launched RC facelift and mid-life refreshes for RX and GX (with the latter not even sold in most of Europe).

So we have:
CT
UX
IS
NX
ES
RX
RXL
RC
RCF
GS ?
GSF ?
LC
LS

So i guess 11 cars... 70% is 7?
- ES
- UX

- IS
-RX
-RXL

-RC
-RCF

?

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
So we have:
CT
UX
IS
NX
ES
RX
RXL
RC
RCF
GS ?
GSF ?
LC
LS

So i guess 11 cars... 70% is 7?
- ES
- UX

- IS
-RX
-RXL

-RC
-RCF

?
2019 calendar year unveilings for 4IS and 2NX are somewhere between iffy and unlikely, given that (again, per Carmaker1), they're not expected to go into production until July 2020 as 2021 model year. Some rumors have suggested the production LF-1 reveal at the 2019 Tokyo Motor Show, but that, too, seems a mite early for its predicted Fall 2020 / 2021 MY start of sales. I don't have clear-cut choices to replace 4IS nor fill in that last question mark, but I think LC F and/or LC convertible are my likeliest choice(s).

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
2019 calendar year unveilings for 4IS and 2NX are somewhere between iffy and unlikely, given that (again, per Carmaker1), they're not expected to go into production until July 2020 as 2021 model year. Some rumors have suggested the production LF-1 reveal at the 2019 Tokyo Motor Show, but that, too, seems a mite early for its predicted Fall 2020 / 2021 MY start of sales. I don't have clear-cut choices to replace 4IS nor fill in that last question mark, but I think LC F and/or LC convertible are my likeliest choice(s).

There is small refresh coming to the IS, so that is why I wrote MMC... they will call it refreshed even if it has small changes.

But RC maybe is coming this year?

So one missing link might be new CT? With Corolla Hatch coming out this year, CT is perfect for next.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
There is small refresh coming to the IS, so that is why I wrote MMC... they will call it refreshed even if it has small changes.
Are you sure about that? Per Lexus USA's 2019 Lexus IS Press Kit:

What’s New: 2019 Lexus IS

New Standard Features:
  • Revised ECU programming on rear-wheel drive IS 300s for improved throttle response, optimized transmission shifts and quicker turbocharger response
New Optional Features:
  • Triple beam headlights
  • Lexus Enform Remote (smart watch and Amazon Alexa skill integration)
Color Changes:
  • Liquid Platinum replaces Silver Lining Metallic
Hardly what I'd call a significant refresh. And, with the 2020 model year widely believed to be the 3IS's last, I don't see any notable changes then, either.
But RC maybe is coming this year?
Yes, the RC refresh would definitely count. It's already made its motor show debuts in Europe (Paris) and North America (Miami).

So one missing link might be new CT? With Corolla Hatch coming out this year, CT is perfect for next.
I wonder what will happen with CT. In North America, UX is deemed its replacement. Will Japan and Europe eventually follow suit? Or is there enough demand in those markets for Lexus to develop a 2CT?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Are you sure about that? Per Lexus USA's 2019 Lexus IS Press Kit:

Hardly what I'd call a significant refresh. And, with the 2020 model year widely believed to be the 3IS's last, I don't see any notable changes then, either.

Yes, the RC refresh would definitely count. It's already made its motor show debuts in Europe (Paris) and North America (Miami).

I wonder what will happen with CT. In North America, UX is deemed its replacement. Will Japan and Europe eventually follow suit? Or is there enough demand in those markets for Lexus to develop a 2CT?

Lexus EU has already stated numerous times that there will be next CT.