Toyota to build over 10m vehicles for first time this year.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Toyota single handedly keeping manufacturing and engineering sector of the Japanese economy afloat...

Japan has strong industries, but in general most companies are so poorly managed they cannot be profitable and lack the courage to expand. The ones that are successful are heavily invested overseas and have minimal domestic presence. TMC really stands out as being incredibly profitable and still investing in domestic operations. Honda on the other hand, is mostly an American company today...

I once again admire Akio Toyoda's incredible management skill. Turning a huge Japanese conglomerate corrupted by decades of toxic corporate culture to something globally competitive while not gifting the company to foreigners.

Reactions
Toyota single handedly keeping manufacturing and engineering sector of the Japanese economy afloat...

Japan has strong industries, but in general most companies are so poorly managed they cannot be profitable and lack the courage to expand. The ones that are successful are heavily invested overseas and have minimal domestic presence. TMC really stands out as being incredibly profitable and still investing in domestic operations. Honda on the other hand, is mostly an American company today...

I once again admire Akio Toyoda's incredible management skill. Turning a huge Japanese conglomerate corrupted by decades of toxic corporate culture to something globally competitive while not gifting the company to foreigners.
Well said.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
He had a meeting with 2000 senior managers. Maybe try to start solving the problem from there first.

Akio's methods may be controversial, but they surely are effective.

Reactions
He had a meeting with 2000 senior managers. Maybe try to start solving the problem from there first.

I don't think firing a bunch of useless old farts that were hijacking the company is controversial. :)

NVlaar

Follower
Reactions

Akio is my man. I like him alot. Good thing he is pretty much still holding the strings despite Sato 'officially' being the CEO of the company.

Reactions
Akio is my man. I like him alot. Good thing he is pretty much still holding the strings despite Sato 'officially' being the CEO of the company.
The good thing is that Sato and a whole horde of other Toyota/Lexus executives are JUST like Toyoda-san.

The company is in safe hands and if they stick to tradition, always will be.