Toyota Named Third Most Obstructive Company Towards Climate Change After ExxonMobil, Chevron

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I'm not quite sure I follow how eating more meat will effect climate-change, except (and this is not a joke) that more beef-cattle and hogs will mean more animal-farts, which produces methane gas. No only that, but in my experience, all else equal, the more one avoids red meat and pork, instead eating non-fried seafood and non-fried poultry without the skin, fresh fruits/vegetables/nuts/whole-grains, the better their health is likely to be.
Let us keep it about cars. Meat is now too a political topic.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Don't know much about U.S. politics but TMC single handedly caused the most CO2 emissions reduction with their hybrids over the past two decades.

"lack of infrastructure in Japan". Sure after the second biggest nuclear disaster in history tell me how to build a renewable electricity grid when your country has no wide open space for solar and typhoons destroying any offshore wind mill.

And how about developed nations pay climate reparations for the CO2 they emitted centuries ago to help developing nations build renewable energy? If not then they have no business telling what 85% of world's population should do.

Those 'environmentalist NGOs' should stop blaming other people and come up with real solutions instead.

In fact 'nobody has real and sustainable solutions' is a common theme among the environmentalism movements. We have hundreds of thousands of scientists hard at work and trillions invested looking for all possible solutions and they just pick and choose based on their personal preference.

article summary = we hate Toyota for being successful and let’s spin things against them

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
article summary = we hate Toyota for being successful and let’s spin things against them

The whole industry for internal-combustion vehicles has become a convenient whipping-boy, not just Toyota. I won't get into it any more than that, both for the reason that I agree it's a spin, and because the moderators here have asked us not to discuss political issues.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
I swear the internet is full of people that have something against Toyota, and I'm not even talking about just this topic, I'm sure you've seen many other situations where Toyota got trashed for no good reason other than those people's personal hatred against Toyota, and I just want to ask you, do you see the truly, objectively garbage car manufacturers get trashed like Toyota by all these faceless websites and entities on the internet? In my experience, the answer is a big NO.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The reason is sensationalism that dominates traditional and social media alike. And sensationalism is the opposite of rationalism. TMC was an extremely rationally run company. In reality very few people actually feel emotional about their cars: they just need something to get from point A to point B. This is why this most trashed brand in media is also the most successful in the real world.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
As I said before, non political, they hated Toyota or any non governmental corp around the globe that has patents for real zero future, that can be cheap and spread fast and serving lot of states !