Toyota Land Cruiser Megathread (300, 250, Prado, etc)

Levi

Expert
Reactions
There was (is again) the Urban Cruiser, beside the FJ Cruiser. “Cruiser” too could have been a brand name. “Trail Cruiser”?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
IMO, playing with "Cruiser" yields better options than "Land."

NomadDan

Follower
Reactions
Land Hopper sounds super cheesy. What happened with the whole Compact Cruiser name? I didn’t think that sounded too bad.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Land Hopper sounds super cheesy. What happened with the whole Compact Cruiser name? I didn’t think that sounded too bad.
Those are japanese.
You never know what it may end up being here.

Interesting timing with the g-Class coming out

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions

View attachment 8266

Land Hopper?

This is part of the IMV platform family - hence its name the iMV 0 concept and should not be in the land cruiser thread.
Regardless of whatever they call it. If the IMV-O concept was part of the Land Cruiser family it would have been displayed at the LC250 global debut but it wasn't.

Do not confuse it with the production version of the EV cruiser concept, the silhouette of which was shown at the the shown at the land cruiser '250' global debut.
this is a different vehicle - they may look the same from far but they are not and it is a different vehicle to the IMV-0 concept.

Again name still not announced this could be the land hopper.
don't forget land scape was also trademarked. Anyway doesn't necessarily mean the name will be used.

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 7.03.37 PM.png

Last edited:

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions

UZJ100GXR

Follower
Reactions
Speaking of which, are they giving the Hilux the full GR treatment next gen?
Not sure honestly.
But you see how the hilux has been getting more aggressive with every special edition?
with this being the latest which I am sure you already saw

the next step logically would be a full blown GR version that takes it to the next level.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
What engine for GR Hilux? V35A or F33A? The diesel makes more sense. I never got the point of petrol trucks.

Trob20

Fan
Reactions
toyota-land-cruiser-se.jpg

Looks like this was the other mysterious vehicle from the LC 250 reveal.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Looks good. TBH, such cars make no sense, but the market demands them, so….