Toyota C-HR (New, Cheaper LE/XLE Trims Added for 2019)

Reactions
After spending 12 years with Lexus, drove the all new UX before it's official debut, I moved on to Toyota last summer of 2019. I think the C-HR is AWESOME! I ALMOST leased one back last Sept, but opted for the 2020 Corolla SE instead due to the lower lease payment. When the 2021 model comes out, I likely will get one though! Especially, if the hybrid/electric one is available!

Levi

Expert
Reactions
As someone liking the CH-R, the lack of "AWD" in combination with HSD is what held me back at getting one some years ago. I now see this -- for me irrationally preferable -- engine/motor is available in the new Corolla Cross. With the presented bZ Compact SUV concept, it looks like the next CHR will be BEV only and not ICEV/HEV. I am actually fine with that, but hope it will still have AWD, at least as GR Sport version. I am looking forward to it (and the the next electric IS of course).

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I am pretty sure next CHR will be their new platform that will have hybrid, phev and bev options, manufactured on same line.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

fyi, CHR is on the top of satisfaction lists in Europe... it is designed for Europe afterall.

1643066608651.png

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I want to like the C-HR, but talking to early owners the build quality on these left a lot to be desired (especially the transmission spectrum.)

The UX derivation seems to be the better vehicle if one can swing it.

Reactions
I want to like the C-HR, but talking to early owners the build quality on these left a lot to be desired (especially the transmission spectrum.)

The UX derivation seems to be the better vehicle if one can swing it.
The C-HR had a lot of promise for the States, but we didn't get AWD, the manual (with the turbo engine) and we were stuck with poverty spec versions at the beginning (Does Europe get panoramic roofs?), no thanks to it being originally planned as a Scion model. With the Corolla Cross now on sale, I would have to hard time wanting buying this over the newer Corolla.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The C-HR had a lot of promise for the States, but we didn't get AWD, the manual (with the turbo engine) and we were stuck with poverty spec versions at the beginning (Does Europe get panoramic roofs?), no thanks to it being originally planned as a Scion model. With the Corolla Cross now on sale, I would have to hard time wanting buying this over the newer Corolla.
The C-HR is a hatchback marketed as a CUV. Its a tough sell, now tougher as you said. If the quality was impressive and the cross wasnt a thing, the C-hr may have had a chance. Hoping they learn from their mistakes and improve on the product in the same way they went from Echo to yaris.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I'm trying to imagine how anyone would walk onto a Toyota dealership and choose the C-HR over the Corolla HB or the Corolla Cross. They like the looks and absolutely care about nothing else, maybe.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
In my case, I like the CH-R just because it is not a SUV/CUV. Corolla Cross is just what I don't like/want. Standard Corolla (eventually wagon) for me in that case.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I'm trying to imagine how anyone would walk onto a Toyota dealership and choose the C-HR over the Corolla HB or the Corolla Cross. They like the looks and absolutely care about nothing else, maybe.
0% for 72 months and bonus cash go a long long way before even talking about discounts on the C-HR.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
0% for 72 months and bonus cash go a long long way before even talking about discounts on the C-HR.
The starting price of the C-HR is so much higher than the Corolla HB that the discounts would have to be substantial. The 2.0L ZR with the old CVT versus the 2.0 M20 and the start gear CVT is a huge gap, IMO. Like, I'm thinking $2k cheaper than the Corolla HB before the C-HR starts looking appealing.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
If we all bought with common sense, we would buy the Corolla Hatchback or wagon. But Americans have not had much common sense for the past decade-and-a-half, refusing to buy anything that is labelled "hatchback" or "wagon", yet buying hatchbacks and wagons only if they are butched up with large tires, lifted suspensions and with black underbody cladding.

Reactions
In my case, I like the CH-R just because it is not a SUV/CUV. Corolla Cross is just what I don't like/want. Standard Corolla (eventually wagon) for me in that case.
It definitely has a lot of character and not your typical CUV. But packaging wise, it really struggled against its competitors. With the CC, its appeal is even less to the masses. Just being close to a RAV4 LE in price, I think most families would spend that extra amount for that extra space. As I've ridden in a friend's, I've never liked the rear, as the space feels clausterphobic.

larryren

Follower
Reactions
Motor1 have spot Small SUEV or 2nd Gen. C-HR's test car with camo in Germany ("D" numberplate at test car).
It seem basically identical for Australia patent leaking exterior design. still have little rear seat window😄
But 20inch wheel it so unusual, 245/40 R20 spec.
Orginal link: https://www.motor1.com/news/629248/toyota-small-su-ev-spy-photos/
toyota-small-su-ev-side-view-spy-photo.jpg

toyota-small-su-ev-side-view-spy-photo.jpg