Toyota BZ4X

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Absolutely nothing like it. One day you will start driving EVs and you will understand the difference.
Anyone that isn't arithmetically challenged and who tops up to consistent 80% or 90%, and know how cold weather impacts the driving range, will not have an issue at all.

Just make sure to reset the odometer reading every time on charges.

These issues are not even a deal breaker and software updates will fix those in due time.

I've seen fair share of owners on TMC complaining about the stated remaining range and Tesla has been the leader in EVs for more than a decade now.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Toyota Norway has been doing a lot of PR fixes these days:
- New software will be released in May 2023
- Will have to be applied by dealers
- Fixes for % battery not showing in display, return of some battery capacity that was reserved (extra 10km-15km of range), smarter AC usage showing in remaining capacity.
- they are now allowing for 3.8x battery charges during 24hr period.

These are 13 months after initial release of the vehicle, and hopefully they will speed up.

Also they were explaining to Bjorn how actually reason for Bz4X bad efficiency, is due to them calculating charging losses into consumption in display, which makes no sense at all, since most of Euro journalists tested actual efficiency and not based it on display which often lies in every vehicle.

Norway is big market for Toyota, and overall BZ4X is very important vehicle in most of the western european countries.

Reactions
This is Toyota's opportunity to build a car that can go on land and on sea. 👊🏻😤

"The new Toyota bZ4X... a car that can go on road, and off... literally... like in the water..."

"The bZ4X is equipped with locking and unlocking wheel lugs that can fall off whenever it wants to go for an excursion under water"

Last edited:

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
There's been a fair amount of that kind of accident ever since all the manufacturers stopped doing the PRNDL that everyone knows how to use in favor of increasingly weird levers/knobs/whatever. I don't know the psychology behind it, but when Park is a completely separate button from the rest of the gear selections it's easy to forget, especially if you're tired or distracted. I've had a few close calls myself with that, but no actual disasters yet.