Toyota Aygo X [X Prologue Concept]

Levi

Expert
Reactions
very nice, I like it. hopefully production car is close in front overhang and ride height. nice to have it a bit raised because of all the urban speed bumps.

it reminds me alot the LF-SA concept.

VW Up looks cheap and Smart/Twingo are fat and ugly. No need to mention Mini...

Will1991

Reactions
it reminds me alot the LF-SA concept.

Hopefully this is it and the LF-SA has been killed before it laid eggs… A premium A-segment car doesn’t make any sense at all… Even the supposed Yaris Kross based Lexus will make life hard for the UX in Europe since it should be close on interior/boot space at a lower price point...

Not EV. And the Aygo has not even offered a hybrid version, to keep prices down. But this is a new version.

800_20210303-ga-b-001-kv.jpg

The engine seems to be the known 1.0L 3-cylinder. Besides price, it would be an engineering nightmare to turn this shortened GA-B into a hybrid… In my opinion, it will go from ICE->BEV for the next generation.

Moderation note: Maybe merge this thread with this one: https://lexusenthusiast.com/forums/...logue-electric-concept.5901/page-4#post-62661

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Corolla will be the only non CUV hatch.

Will Toyota make a GR Aygo with downtuned I3 and FWD only?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Corolla will be the only non CUV hatch.

Will Toyota make a GR Aygo with downtuned I3 and FWD only?

How do you mean? Yaris is one too.

I dont think they will do GR Aygo, but there will likely be GR Sport with nice pieces.

It will also keep optical fabric roof it seems.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
How do you mean? Yaris is one too.

I dont think they will do GR Aygo, but there will likely be GR Sport with nice pieces.

It will also keep optical fabric roof it seems.
Haha, yes I forgot about the Yaris while mentioning it. So still two hatches that are not cuvs. That is the case now in most general carmakers.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Haha, yes I forgot about the Yaris while mentioning it. So still two hatches that are not cuvs. That is the case now in most general carmakers.

well 3 - Aygo, Yaris, Corolla.

Only thing that really disappeared hatch wise is Corolla Verso, and really any kind of MPV.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
Only thing that really disappeared hatch wise is Corolla Verso, and really any kind of MPV.
I guess that the multi-purpose vehicles (MPV) have been replaced by the various crossover Cross models, but the 7-seat Verso models are gone and not replaced.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
well 3 - Aygo, Yaris, Corolla.

This Aygo (from spyshots) looks more like an Aygo Cross, even if won't be called that way. The market is to small to have Aygo and Aygo Cross with only 3 cm of ground clearance difference. I think when the CUV market gets saturated/fully established, "Cross" and "CUV" and "SUV" terms might disappear. Actually all might become called SUV, because that is tendency. BOF vehicles are a rarity now in Europe. The only in Europe is the Prado, all other are UTEs/pickup trucks.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I guess that the multi-purpose vehicles (MPV) have been replaced by the various crossover Cross models, but the 7-seat Verso models are gone and not replaced.

not really, right? Gotta consider those had 3 individual seats, none of the CUVs of similar size have that.

Marke likes macho looks of CUVs, that will not change anytime soon.

levi - Aygo will be just Aygo, single raised size. They always had problem making money on them, making it more cuv-ish will help.
It is just a raised due to wheel combo, not a real CUV - they state that many times in PR.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

It’s bigger, heavier and the power remains the same.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
outside looks better, inside looks pretty bad.

Hopefully they are not rising the price because this should be a lot better car than the one it replaces.