The NX is one of the worst cars in 2015? Consumer Reports is Crazy

mikeavelli

Reactions
I was reading an article on Linkedn (sorry can't seem to locate it) and it referenced the Consumer Reports article for why they also felt the NX was a poor car. Luckily a couple people stood up for the NX pointing the lack of CR's consistency with their thoughts on the NX.

Reactions
4255160.jpg

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
I'm very happy with my Samsung washer and dryer units (now 1 year old), thanks to input from CR reviews, lol.

From automotive standpoint, I never use CR for anything but it's reliability data charts and they are quite useful (and correlate reasonably well with long term ownership experiences).

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I'm very happy with my Samsung washer and dryer units (now 1 year old), thanks to input from CR reviews, lol.

From automotive standpoint, I never use CR for anything but it's reliability data charts and they are quite useful (and correlate reasonably well with long term ownership experiences).

Yes, it's hard to beat CR's reliability data. J.D. Power tries to (and has more different categories than CR), but doesn't seem to have as much consistency in their findings. Like you, I have found CR's reliability data to closely approximate my own experience over the years....with one exception. My 2006 Outback, though not bad, had some fairly early failures (power window-regulators, engine-coolng fans), which were not typical of most Outbacks. Fortunately, though, I avoided the earlier head-gasket issues that engine was known for.

I didn't know Samsung did washers/dryers.....I thought they were mostly into electronics and telecommunications. I've always had good luck, though, with Maytags and Hotpoint (a GE division).

Do you get the yearly CR reliability questionnaire/survey?

abraxas

Fan
Reactions
I didn't know Samsung did washers/dryers.....I thought they were mostly into electronics and telecommunications. I've always had good luck, though, with Maytags and Hotpoint (a GE division).

Do you get the yearly CR reliability questionnaire/survey?

Samsung does a bit of everything, and does it well. We have one of their over the range microwaves for example and love it. Fridges are excellent too.

I get the CR survey and complete it. It's an excellent resource.

I might buy another Lexus but not until they get rid of that stupid looking grill. Until then we're keeping out 2013.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I might buy another Lexus but not until they get rid of that stupid looking grill. Until then we're keeping out 2013.

You're not alone....a number of others share your opinion as well. One thing Lexus could do to address that issue, but I haven't seen yet, is to offer to body-paint the grille for those who dislike the design. Acura dealerships did that for years, on new vehicles at delivery time. for customers who didn't like the parrot-beaks in front. Painting them body color made a dramatic difference in how those parrot-beaks looked...although I think they stopped the practice because of both cost and the fact that the newer parrot-beaks are not as pronounced or garish.

abraxas

Fan
Reactions
You're not alone....a number of others share your opinion as well.

We'll wait until the 2017's come out. Our RX350 is still in warranty so there's no rush. I think there might be enough backlash for Lexus to come up with another grill option. At least I hope so as I love all Toyota products. Been buying them for years. On this redesign, I think Toyota/Lexus really chit in their mess can. The grill doesn't just look silly, it looks plain "stupid".

I'm beginning to think Toyota might be cutting corners and dumbing down their vehicles which will backlash. Give, don't take it away or else. Case in point - I have a 2010 V8 extended cab Tundra with only 18,000 miles. It's pretty much a nice and comfortable and functional farm truck. The incredible amount of storage space is really nice - door pockets, 2 large glove boxes, large but slim map pocket in the console, at least 3 maybe 4 drop down panels in the ceiling, etc. Well, according to a friend Toyota dropped many of those cubby holes on the new models. I noticed the same thing on the 2016 RX350. Gone is the bottom open storage space in the console. Although the 2016 console has been widened it's now pretty much useless with the smaller storage area and no top sliding tray. Just doesn't make sense. Also, who needs a small cubby hole top left that will only hold the smallest of cell phones? dumb.........