internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
That spindle design is not growing on me.

The IS and UX spindle grills look much better.

Heck even the USDM Honda HRV's front has grow on me.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
That spindle design is not growing on me.

The IS and UX spindle grills look much better.

Heck even the USDM Honda HRV's front has grow on me.

Nah, if it looks ever so slightly closer to the concept, I doubt your opinion would stay the same.

dbc66f9dbb824a0586ab6934979b375d.jpeg

82743e97-edc9-428d-94e5-187eb2173864-jpeg.5841

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Nah, if it looks ever so slightly closer to the concept, I doubt your opinion would stay the same.

dbc66f9dbb824a0586ab6934979b375d.jpeg

82743e97-edc9-428d-94e5-187eb2173864-jpeg.5841
Actually I didn't even like the grill on the concept.

The Lexus performance BEV looks good , almost like the NSX, the only Acura front design I dig currently.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
To further my previous point Lexus already utilizes a yamaha-sourced (i could be mistaking the supplier) "lateral performance damper" in the rear of the UX/RX F sport models. They have now adapted this in place of the fixed strut bar on some RZ models

iu

2023-lexus-ux.jpg

Will1991

Reactions
We've pricing for Spain!

image.png

To give some perspective:
EQC400 starts from 85.300€
iX3 starts from 74.400€

Another thing is the reason for not having a glovebox, it has radiate heating.

TMC made some tests using a Prius, and running it on LA with low temperatures the normal fuel consumption is as follow:
image.png

Because of this, they look into ways the heat the front passengers more efficiently:

image.png

Here is the picture of the prototype Prius:

image.png

With this, TMC is aiming to heat up the passengers using radiative heat (knees), convective heat (foot area) and conductive heat (back and hands) to use the least energy possible:

image.png

All of this because TMC found out that you don't need the same temperature for the entire body:

image.png

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I'm impressed. I just have one question, why didnt Lexus PR lead with this when it came to media days and the resulting newscyle "NO GLOVEBOX NO SALE" post writeups/vids?

I'd geek out on those details all day long during a media launch, and EV buyers will absolutely love that stuff! If you need an EV PR consultant, dm me Lexus PR lol

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
Toyota and Lexus don't have the top marketing teams, I've read many press releases and am left wondering who their target demographic is...

My feet and hands get the coldest in winter (hey we get down to about -40). Heating my knees isn't overly helpful, but radiant heat is. But in extreme cold -30 and what-not the bigger issue is keeping the windshield and windows clear enough to see.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
We Canadians want to know how the front windshield defogger/defroster will work. Will it be the slow and inefficient heated air blower or will it be a more efficient direct-heating system?

Rear windshields use a direct heating system with embedded wires but embedded wires in the front windshield would affect visibility. A thin, transparent, conductive metal film could be applied to the glass; that could heat up the windshield quickly but that film would interfere with a mobile phone signal.

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
Rear windshields use a direct heating system with embedded wires but embedded wires in the front windshield would affect visibility. A thin, transparent, conductive metal film could be applied to the glass; that could heat up the windshield quickly but that film would interfere with a mobile phone signal.
My Jaguar XJR had a heating element in the windshield, it had small squiggly lines in it. You could see them up close but normally you really didn't notice them. I only drove the car in summer so I can't really comment on it's performance.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
We Canadians want to know how the front windshield defogger/defroster will work. Will it be the slow and inefficient heated air blower or will it be a more efficient direct-heating system?

Porsche has the option for heated front windshield for $500+. I read it was a good option, even on ICEV from one owner because he didn't need to have defogger on, which cold be drying to the eyes during cold months.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
My Jaguar XJR had a heating element in the windshield, it had small squiggly lines in it. You could see them up close but normally you really didn't notice them. I only drove the car in summer so I can't really comment on it's performance.
M'y sister had the same front heated windshield on her Ford Ranger. Very useful, I am surprised more cars don't have it.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Do the front heated wiper elements count as "heated windshield?" caz i have got those lol

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
M'y sister had the same front heated windshield on her Ford Ranger. Very useful, I am surprised more cars don't have it.
$520 Canadian dollar option on Porsches haha. Definitely worth more than seat fabric customization, at least to me.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Had a look at Taycanforum for issues and I was also quoted by someone on YouTube suggesting to hold off buying first few years production model of Audi and Porsche BEVs. He had problems with his e-tron and his relative, on his Taycan.

I guess there's more reasons for Toyota/Lexus and any other automaker that has experience with hybrid designs to build better BEVs as it's going to much simpler than designing HEVS or PHEVs.

Issue is some owners have not had encountered issues which make trouble-shooting probably a little more difficult to hone in on the root causes/culprits.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Had a look at Taycanforum for issues and I was also quoted by someone on YouTube suggesting to hold off buying first few years production model of Audi and Porsche BEVs. He had problems with his e-tron and his relative, on his Taycan.

I guess there's more reasons for Toyota/Lexus and any other automaker that has experience with hybrid designs to build better BEVs as it's going to much simpler than designing HEVS or PHEVs.

Issue is some owners have not had encountered issues which make trouble-shooting probably a little more difficult to hone in on the root causes/culprits.

Good lord.