The Lexus LC 500: First Impressions

Reactions
From discussing it with the chief engineer, it sounds like only front-engine rear wheel drive cars will be built on this platform. Of course, I could be totally wrong, because wouldn't an SUV built on this platform be amazing?
I am sure that the sexy skin of LC greatly limits the set up of drive-train. However, it should not be a problem to set up AWD in the fully grown up SUV.
I understand that Lexus needs more time & resource for LC, then for the next LS. Still, I have a feeling that Lexus is planning a flagship SUV from this platform. And, SUV is the trend to go and Lexus is known for SUVs.
Just makes sure the proportion is right (nothing like MDX/Q7/GL/Bentley please), face needs to be awesome too. The current Lexus SUVs are in pretty good shapes, although I would like that new RX to be a little taller in height and a little shorter in length, and the spindle grille of new LX could be a little better.
The aim of this SUV should be higher than those Germans,but the big Range Rover is a good reference.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I am sure that the sexy skin of LC greatly limits the set up of drive-train. However, it should not be a problem to set up AWD in the fully grown up SUV.
I understand that Lexus needs more time & resource for LC, then for the next LS. Still, I have a feeling that Lexus is planning a flagship SUV from this platform. And, SUV is the trend to go and Lexus is known for SUVs.
Just makes sure the proportion is right (nothing like MDX/Q7/GL/Bentley please), face needs to be awesome too. The current Lexus SUVs are in pretty good shapes, although I would like that new RX to be a little taller in height and a little shorter in length, and the spindle grille of new LX could be a little better.
The aim of this SUV should be higher than those Germans,but the big Range Rover is a good reference.

Wouldn't it be something if the rumored three-row crossover was built on this platform? I should have asked the CE "theoretically".

Reactions: RAL

RAL

Reactions
Wouldn't it be something if the rumored three-row crossover was built on this platform? I should have asked the CE "theoretically".
I wondered the same thing ... it would be amazing!

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
(planting controversial comment for shock effect)
You're all WRONG! Next up: The Lexus LC 500 grows two doors and becomes the Lexus Panamera o_O

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
You're all WRONG! Next up: The Lexus LC 500 grows two doors and becomes the Lexus Panamera o_O

The way insiders have been talking about the next-generation LS, you could very well be right. My understanding is that the Panamera is one of the benchmarks.

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions

Great ! Why not ?! Do you have a slightly original name in mind ? Lexus PC maybe ? ;)

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

there is no chance it will be RWD based, main point of 3 row SUV is utility which is where FWD setup is vastly superior.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
The exterior is an absolute knockout hands-down. Truly the LFA's brother exterior-wise. Regarding the interior, I'm not sure what to think. Puzzled by the color, trim and seat choices in the interior.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
there is no chance it will be RWD based, main point of 3 row SUV is utility which is where FWD setup is vastly superior.

Oh, absolutely agree. I suppose what I'm really trying to say -- there was a very strong feeling of change at the Detroit Auto Show among executives, to a point where it felt like a fresh start. Everyone was very proud of the LC, talking about how it represents the future of Lexus (alongside the next-gen LS).

Just got me thinking -- a RWD crossover would fit very well alongside those two models, and I don't think they're redesigning the RX any time soon. ;)

The exterior is an absolute knockout hands-down. Truly the LFA's brother exterior-wise. Regarding the interior, I'm not sure what to think. Puzzled by the color, trim and seat choices in the interior.

Interior felt exotic -- the interior/exterior color scheme was also very reminiscent of Ferrari. It's definitely a departure, but I like it.

Vincent Nowaczyk

Premium Member
Reactions
Not sure if it will make a big difference, but the LC will be the first model to feature the new Lexus infotainment software. This should improve the overall experience greatly.
I hope you are right! the Map is the worst using the Haptic controller, trying to change to 3D, True North etc it wants to show the map to select a point with the Target looking thing. frustration is what I hear from our customers.

Reactions
LC 500 i think lexus try to make something different . different than the BMW and the Porsche

i think the LC500 look like a Japanese Aston Martin Vanquish but the LC is much cheaper

size weight sound and driving characteristic , great interior

but the for another version

F ? or GT3 version

"i can't wait"