The all-new BMW 2 Series Coupé (G42)

Och

Admirer
Reactions

BMW, and other car makers, should make a Russia edition of their cars without all the emissions garbage and gray market them in the West. Sound like BMW has done the best they possible could while being neutered by the government regulations.

That being said, I still don't like the exterior design, wish it was smaller, and absolutely hate the maxipad instead of proper instrument cluster.

mikeavelli

Reactions
After seeing a few in person it’s a mess. I’m sure a hoot to drive but no interest cause it looks so…..

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
It's much better looking than the M4, at least it still looks like a BMW!

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
4/M4 has been a porky pig since the last gen, only getting worse.
I agree.. once it became a 4 is when it went downhill for me. E92 3er was peak, at least for me the current-gen 2er retains the traditional BMW coupe proportions with it's flat beltline, 3 boxes, and hofmeister kink.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
I guess this is what most consumers these days want from M cars, very in-your-face styling (a.k.a. fugly) probably because they think that will get them more attention from the other people in their surroundings to satisfy their attention whore syndrome and be very disconnected feeling to drive because they don't want to feel anything real.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
I guess this is what most consumers these days want from M cars, very in-your-face styling (a.k.a. fugly) probably because they think that will get them more attention from the other people in their surroundings to satisfy their attention whore syndrome and be very disconnected feeling to drive because they don't want to feel anything real.

These people have always existed, but a manual transmission was enough to keep them out. These days, the M brand is so far gone, only the M2 is still a somewhat true M car, every other M model is just the top luxury trim of that particular series.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The take rate of manuals in M cars (at least in M2/3/4) is still high enough I wouldn't say M buyers only want attention. Many still buy M cars despite of the terrible styling. I personally would buy a M2/3/4 over an IS500/RC-F simply because of the manual. From my observation the attention seeking people mostly buy AMGs.